Chapter 7

Several weeks later, Amy woke up from her slumber. Blinking as she got used to the sunlight pouring into the room. As her vision came into focus she started to hear a muffled voice trying to call out to her. Amy looked over to where the voice was coming from as her hearing returned to her as well.

"Amy, can you hear me?" Aaron asked.

"Yes," Amy replied looking around the unfamiliar room "Where are we?"

"St.Mungo's, Madame Pomfrey did all that she could so, she sent you here to rest and heal." Aaron explained.

Amy sat up wincing with pain from her upper leg. She looked over at a nearby calendar to see several days circled and then crossed out.

"How long have I been out?" Amy asked.

"A couple months...tops might've been a little longer." Aaron replied.

The door creaked open and a nurse poked her head in.

"Miss Crosswood! You're awake!" the nurse exclaimed.

"You can come in nurse." Aaron replied.

"Good, because I need to see if she is ready to go home or not." The nurse explained.

Aaron nodded in agreement and allowed the nurse to get a closer look at Amy. After a while, the nurse walked out of the room and, quickly, came back holding a pair of crutches.

"Miss Crosswood, you are fit to go back home. You broke your legs which is why we are providing you with some crutches so you can have some mobility. They should be good as new in a few days."The nurse explained.

"Can I try them out?" Amy asked.

The nurse nodded and handed Amy the crutches. Slowly, with Aaron's help, Amy got up and was able to walk back and forth in the room. Then, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." Amy said happily.

Through the door stepped Draco Malfoy. When he saw Amy up and out of bed he ran over to her and gave her a big hug.

"Don't scare me like that ever again!" Draco scolded with tears in his eyes.

"You act as if you are my father." Amy laughed.

"Well, I may not be your father but, I do think of you as a daughter." Draco explained.

Draco then turned to face the nurse.

"Can she come home?" He asked hopefully.

The nurse nodded reassuringly.

"I will be right back. I am going to get the car closer." Draco explained.

"Okay, don't be too long." Amy replied as Draco rushed out o the parking lot.

Aaron helped Amy get down to the front entrance when Draco pulled the car up. Amy climbed in holding her crutches on her lap as Aaron sat down next to her.

As the car pulled up to Malfoy Manor an hour later, Draco turned around to face Amy.

"Amy, we pulled together a surprise for you while you were asleep." Draco explained.

Amy looked at him with confusion.

"What do you mean?" Amy asked.

"You'll see Amy. Trust me; you are going to love it." Aaron explained placing his hand on hers.

Aaron helped Amy out of the car and onto the front porch with Draco.

Amy watched as Draco and Aaron exchanged expressions. Aaron nodded to Draco. Draco then, knocked on the door three times.

As the door opened Amy saw her mother at the door. Arianna, Amy's mother, gave Amy a big hug. Amy hugged her back and notice d that she could touch her mother.

"Mom, you're here. You're not a ghost." Amy exclaimed quietly.

"Your mother isn't the only one." A voice said from behind her.

Amy looked up to see her father, Daren, standing behind her mother.

"Felix and Lilian?" Amy asked.

"Inside setting up decorations." Aaron explained.

Amy was overjoyed and in tears.

"Come in Amy, this is all a big shock to you." Daren offered.

Amy came inside on her crutches while looking around the big entry hall that had been decorated with blue lights and streamers. She then glanced at two people who were hanging up the last of the lights.

"Felix? Lilian?" Amy called out to them warily.

One of the two turned around to reveal Felix looking just like he had on the day he passed away.

"Amy!" Felix said running over to her "Amy, you're home I missed you so much!"

"I haven't seen you like this in five years. Who should be more excited right now?" Amy replied, half laughing half crying.

Amy watched as her sister finished hanging up the last of the decorations.

"And done," Lilian exclaimed "Be down there in a minute Amy."

Lilian climbed down the stepladder and ran over to Amy wither arms out wide. When Lilian reached Amy she gave her a huge hug.

"Lillie, I thought I would never see you again!" Amy cried.

Lilian sat Amy down on a nearby sofa. Amy completely collapsed into Lilian's caring arms. She looked up slowly after a while. The tears in her eyes caused her eyes to turn red.

"How? I thought here wasn't any magic that could bring back the dead." Amy asked.

Everyone went silent and exchanged nervous glances with each other. Amy looked around at everyone in the room. Aaron walked up to Amy and looked into her eyes.

"We aren't allowed to tell you Amy." Aaron explained "The ministry forbade us to tell you. They wanted a ministry worker to tell you, preferably my brother."

"So, in order to find out how my family came back from the dead I have to wait on your brother?" Amy asked her face flushed with anger.

Amy set down her crutches and walked out to the back garden furiously.

"That went well." Draco piped up.

"Draco now is not the time for you to be making jokes." Arianna replied.

"Well, excuse me for wanting to lighten the mood a bit." Draco argued.

"Lighten the mood!? She literally just got out of St. Mungo's and reunited with us and you want to 'lighten' the mood?" Arianna shouted.

Amy could hear the shouting form outside. She sat down on a tree trunk and completely burst into tears.