Age 5

File oneKindergarten.

Frank's point of view.

- - -

Four.. Five... Seven? Eighteen.. Forty two? Aw man, I really need to work on my Numbers.

I was sitting in my car seat, it was pretty tight on my waist as my Mommy drove me to kindergarten. Or whatever she said it was called.

I hope I get to grow plants there! I really want to grow a tomato, I'll name him.. Potato!

“Frankie! We're here!” My Mommy said happily, talking me out of my seat  and sitting me down on the cement.

“Now Frank, I want you to be on your best behavior, okay? Don't fight other kids, be polite, and remember I love you!”

“I love you too” Mommy flashed the smile that I wouldn't ever forget, we shared a nice hug for a second till I had to go, she lead me to the door of the small school.

“Bye Frank!” she waved, I ran into the building as fast as my little feet would take me “Bye Mommy!” I replied, and before I knew it. She was gone.

- - -

All the other kids we're a little scary, they all had perfect rosie cheeks, cute button noses, and most of them had Blonde hair.. I felt different, and this was the first time I've ever felt this way.

I hung my backpack in a yellow compartment before a girl pushed it out, she looked my age... But she was a lot taller than me.

“I'm sorry.. Little boy, this is a kindergarten class. Not a preschool class.. That's down the hall” she growled, she taught me a lesson. The lesson was how to control my temper.

“I-I'm sorry.. But I am kindergarten, my name is Frank” I stuck out my hand. My mom said cool kids always offer a hand shake when they meet new people, the girl just screamed and ran off.

That really made me feel different, Mommy wouldn't lie to me.. I pushed it off of my thoughts and put the small bag back in the small compartment.

I searched for a place to sit, but everyone told me the seat was taken, so I sat where no one was seated, I sat in the back.

I sat next to a taller boy, he was different too. he didn't look like a tiny copy of everyone else, he was.. Cute. I didn't realize I was staring at this boy so long I guess I made him uncomfortable.

He looked over at me and smiled gently “Hi.. I'm Gerard.” the boy squeaked, he was cute! He had brown hair that matched his hazel eyes perfectly.

He had the prettiest, perfectly tanned skin. I was at a loss for words, I felt my face get hot and hoped that it wasn't turning red

“I'm Frank” I said quietly, Gerard stick his hand out for me to grab. He shakes hands to! I gladly took it and we shook hands.. Till it got to a point where I didn't let go.

He gave me this awkward smile and I finally let go of the little boy's hand, why do I feel all happy and the need to impress him for some reason.

The teacher called names, The boy was one of the last ones. His name was Gerard way.

I hope I can remember that, it's a pretty name so I don't think I will. I spaced out for a good five minuets till I glanced over at Gerard and looked down at his Drawing.

He was drawing some sort of bat, it was adorable! “I like your bat” I smiled, watching the boy draw

“you can tell its a bat? My brother can't tell what any of my drawings are.” he looked up at me with a joyful grin

“How old is your brother?” Frank asked “he's a few weeks old.. No wonder! He can't even talk yet” they both laughed, I felt accepted for the first time since this morning.

- - -

I went to recess, Me and gerard just played and talked the whole time. He was really sweet, kinda shy. He told me it was because everyone was the same and he felt different.. Me to!

“What do you want to be when you grow up, Frank?” Gerard asked, swinging from the small swing that sat in the back of the playground

“I really want to be a moosican, My Daddy was one and so was my grandpa. They want me to be drummer.. But I like the geetar.” I said happily.

I'm pretty sure I pronounced some of those wrong but it's because when my Daddy was drunk and thew the lamp at my Mommy and it hit me, so I only have one front tooth, So I have what my Daddy calls a lisp.

“I thinks its called ‘Musician’ and ‘guitar’.. But I could be wrong, but I want to be one to! I want to be a singer. My mom tells me I can sing, She likes it when I sing.. And I really like-” Gerard was rudely interrupted by the same girl from earlier.

She pushed Gerard off the swing, making me very mad! “Y'know Dork, you talk and awful lot about yourself... Why don't you let the cutie over here talk.” she motioned towards someone behind me.

I turned and saw no one, the back at her. Was she insane? There wasn't anyone there. She scoffed and grabbed my hand, pulling me into her. “No silly! You. Your the cutest thing!”

Eww! She smelled like those weird bottles of liquor- I mean liquid in my dads bedroom, I wonder if she drinks too.

“L-leave him a-alone..” Gerard cried, standing on his feet again as he dried his eyes. It really did look like she pushed him pretty hard.

“Go away, your just a cubby little boy!” She laughed, and looked back at me “Im Lindsey, by the way. But you can call me Sexy or Hot stuff.” she winked.

Who did she think she was? No, I wasn't going to call her anything she wanted me to but Lindsey. I wasn't even going to be her friend anymore.

I watched Gerard walk off sadly, he looked really hurt. I pushed her off of me and went after my friend.

Gerard climbed up the jungle gym and to the top where he could let his legs hang down.

I carefully climbed up with him, I hated heights.. But it was for Gerard. I then shakily slipped next to him, not trusting myself not to fall so I held onto the pole as I dangled my legs as well.

Gerard looked up at me, and I looked up at him, he was so pretty. I don't know why Lindsey was so mean to him.

“I'll make sure she doesn't do that again, Friend.” I smile, trying to make him feel better.

He stuck out his hand, I thought it was just to promise so I took it. He didn't let it go, instead he held it. Then laid his head on my small shoulder.

“Are you okay with this?” Gerard asked quietly, I just nodded. I wrapped my small arm around his torso. “I am, I won't let her hurt you.” I said proudly, I really felt like the prince in the stories my mommy reads to me when I said that.

Then me and Gerard just sat there, my fear of falling from the height was taken away, the only thing left was the air, beautiful sun, and Gerard there to stay with me.