7: Back to the Demon

Wandering through the halls, you felt lost. You didn't know where you were going or if you'd even be able to meet up with Henry and Boris. Sure, the hallway only went one way, but that way could be taking you further and further from the people you could trust and closer to the demon who wanted you dead. You hugged the Alice doll to your chest, the small plush bringing you a sense of safety. Yes, you took it from the room. Did you care? No. Right now, you were stressed. You were just trying to take care of yourself.

From the other side of the wall, you could hear a voice, a familiar voice. Pressing your ear against the wall, you could make out the sound of Henry talking to Boris. Excitement filled you as you stepped away from the wall. They were there. They were actually there. Sure, there was a wall blocking you, but the fact that you knew they were there and that you could hear them was enough for you.

Noticing a vent up on the top of the wall, you stuffed the Alice plush into your pocket and grabbed a few barrels that were nearby and dragged them over. You noticed that Henry had mostly stopped talking, only saying a few things in what you could assume was a concerned voice.

You climbed up onto the barrels, grabbing a hold of the vent grate and pulling with all your might. After a minute, the grate came loose, causing you to fall back. You hit the ground with a thud, still clutching the vent grate.

"Hello?" you heard Henry's voice call.

"Hey! Hi! I'm on the other side of the wall!" you yelled, climbing back up onto the barrels.

"Wait, (y/n)? What are you doing?" Henry asked. His voice sounded closer, so you could only assume he had heard you through the vent and went over to inspect it.

"Step back. I'm gonna try something," you said.

You pulled yourself up by one of the rafter beams and slid into the vent feet first. When you felt your foot hit the other vent grate, you pulled your leg back and slammed it into the grate. You did this a few times until the grate gave way, allowing you to slip through. Not realizing just how far you were from the ground, you tumbled to the ground, laying there for a few seconds.

"Are you okay?" Henry asked, running over to you and helping you up.

"No, but I can make it," you said.

Boris had darted over to your side, looking extremely worried. You smiled, gently rubbing the top of his head.

"We should get going. We need to get out of here," Henry said.

"Yeah. I don't wanna be in the same place as those weird Bendy and Alice wannabes any longer," you said.

Walking through a nearby door, the three of you came across a room covered in ink. There were some plush toys and cutouts around, but most of them had been destroyed by the ink. You walked through the room, noticing a lever at the end of the hall as well as some wires on the floor. Walking over, you noticed the wires went down another hall, one that was shrouded in smoke from whatever machines were running.

"Looks like to open this, we're going to need to throw two levers at once. You two get this one while I find the other," Henry said, walking down the hall.

You stayed close to Boris, another feeling of dread making its way into your stomach. After a few seconds, you could hear the sound of screams echoing throughout the hallway before it all went quiet.

"H-Henry?" you called, taking a few steps down the hall.

"Everything's okay! Just pull the lever!" you heard Henry yell.

You turned back to Boris, who pulled down the lever. The large metal door near you opened up, revealing a new room. You and Boris waited outside the door, seeing Henry slowly walk back over. He was holding his arm, a pained look on his face.