Chapter 5

Julie (point of view)

Goal: 40 votes and 15 comments  motivation to upload chapter 6

Flashback

It was a cold night, the moon was shining brightly as an 8-year-old golden-haired girl got out of bed as her golden curls dangled on her shoulders. She tiptoed softly against the dark wooden floor because she didn't want to wake the monster in her closet.

She noticed the light to her mom's room was on and there was a strange smell around her room and in the air of the hall

the little girl didn't flinch as she knew that smell so well it was called ''alcohol '' and it was drunk by her mom every time she felt depressed. Her mother would hide the concoction from her and drink it in secret.

The little girl looked at her mother's room and moved her tiny little toes  towards the door as she got closer she would hear her mother cry and speak little things as ''He left me, he didn't love me, he left me''

Over the years she would collect her mother's mumbles and try to find who her father is as at that time of age, she wanted a father  and she had none

As the little girl was staring into space, she didn't notice her mother coming towards her,''What are you doing up huh?'' she uttered as she looked at the little girl intensely the little girl didn't like the stare and tried to find her words ''i... was just gettingwaterrr'', ,the little girl stuttered as her mothers gaze heated as she waited for her mother's response

''Oh I know what you were doing, you were eavesdropping on me weren't you?''

the little shook her head so hard as she tried to deny her mothers accusation

But her mother took none of it,''I know, I was right you were trying to find out who your father is, well news flash your father left me when I was pregnant with you and went with another woman, their happy, now stop trying to find your father and go to bed!''

the little girl had big tears in her eyes as she left the door and went to her room crying as she wet the pillow with tears like the crybaby she is. They were all right like they said nobody wanted me not even my own mother, she thought. That day the little girl lost all her hope of finding her father has vanished. No longer was the girl the same...