01

AN: okay. so this is originally a Jdramas crossover fic, but I'll try making it a JaDine fic. this will mostly be a TBYD AU where Top is orphaned and poor and Sam is also an orphan but a modern day princess, and they never met as a child. But really I mostly just used their names. They have verrryyyyy different personalities and backgrounds here. 😅

今僕より一つ二つ先を進んでた君の証拠が
Right now, the proof that you're one to two steps ahead of me,
浮彫りになってく沈黙破ってくれるから
Helps by breaking the growing silence.

Chapter 1

It had been five years since then.

Five years since he found his dog, Clarky; and took him home.

Five years since his surgery.

Five years since his mom and dad died.

Five years since he lost everything and even almost lost his sight.

Timothy Pendleton has been living a peaceful life since then.

There were constant reminders of what happened, of course. There were days where it seems he was back, there were nights of nightmares but still, he moved forward.

He was very contented with his life right now.

Sure he sometimes missed the comfort of his old home, having anything he wanted, but he was still living a good life. He was still living.

He'll just aim for little things.

Timothy started crossing the street with Clarky when the stoplight turned red.

He smiled as he saw the billboard in front of him.

'Must be nice to be like her.' It was a billboard of Samantha Perez.

She wasn't an actress or a model, but she gained fame because she always does charity works. A few times, Top had seen her featured in news and other TV programs. Many appreciate her hard work and have recognized her because of that.

Oh, and because basically, she's a modern-day princess.

Many people look up to her. Top was one of those people. He really salutes her. She's also young and she's dedicated to helping other people.

"Top!"

Top glanced back, a bit surprised. He hadn't heard that voice in a long time.

"Sir Cardo." He said, smiling at the older man. He was the one who had saved him from the accident.

It had been so long. So long since the last time he felt it.

But in that moment, it happened again.

And next thing he knew, he was on the ground, clutching his eye. It hurt so much.

He could hear Clarky barking and then Cardo calling out his name.