02

AN: So the image is Top and Sam during TBYD ending but with more of Clark & Leah's personality, Gio's talent and Sam's wealth. Top here is prolly poorer than Nikko. Well, I'll leave it to your imagination. lol

その笑顔まだ見てたいから言葉呑み込む
I want to continue seeing your smile so I swallow my words.

Chapter 2

Top started when he felt something wet touched his cheeks.

He opened his eyes to see Clarky.

He smiled. "Good morning, Clarky..." He said as he patted his dog on his head.

He sat up.

He hadn't realized he had fallen asleep on the table.

The table was a mess. Full of scattered papers.

He remembered what had happened last night.

Ali had visited him. The guy only had few days off and still he makes time to check up on him; as he did yesterday.

They just hung out and chatted for a bit.

Ali lived just across the street. He was living alone as well. He had ran away from home after going out and his father disowning him. He still is in contact with his mom but as far as Top knew, they don't really see much of each other.

They have been friends ever since he moved. They were very similar. Both essentially without parents, both living alone, both having been through a lot.

Ali had gone home at around 9 with Top threatening to drag him out. It wasn't that he didn't like his company; he just knew the guy needed rest. He currently has four jobs. He didn't have much to pay for but he wanted to one day have his own restaurant so he was saving money for that.

He knew Ali must be worried for him, but the guy should take care of himself as well.

When he was gone, Top had started with his own work.

Just a part-time job. He is a freelance sketch artist. Just a home-based job. He would search for sketching projects across the web and he would be paid online as well. Of course apart from this, he also has other jobs.

Top looked at his work so far.

He sighed. It was really a mess.

He started gathering his drawings.

But then he stopped.

He hadn't realized he'd drawn Samantha.

He picked up more of his drawings.

There was more of her.

"What is happening to me?" He asked out loud.

Samantha. Top wondered how she was. It had been -- he looked at his calendar -- it was just three days since he last saw her.

Top glanced back at the calendar.

His eyes widen.

"Oh crap! I need to go to the hospital... My test results would be released today..."

---

Top stood up when the door to the doctor's quarter opened.

Dr. Dela Cruz walked in holding a brown envelop.

Top made a little nod in greeting. The doctor smiled and both of them sat.

"Mr. Pendleton, I've got your results here."