chapter twenty five: finally

⚡

5 months had passed since the accident. Asher was..okay. Not the same but okay. He would always wake up in the middle of the night but i didn't mind it. Today was one of those nights. He woke up. But it wasn't like one of those nights. It was worse. 

Asher sits up, gasping for air as he holds his bare chest. 

I mumble, moving around on the bed until my hand finds Asher's.

"Go to sleep baby" I whisper, kissing his hand. He closes his eyes and nods. I sigh and stand up, walking to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I fill up the glass and hand it to Asher, he sips it shakily. I felt so bad for him. The pain from his injuries had gone, however the trauma still remains. 

He places the glass on the side of the table and without a word, scoops me with his arms and places me on his lap. "You can't leave me" he whispers, kissing my neck over and over again. I giggle, "I've never left you, even if I was away from you" I nuzzle my head into his neck. He lets out a sigh and lies down with me on top of him. It was a nice feeling, being able to cuddle your boyfriend without him constantly saying 'ow' or 'my leg hurts'.

I lift my arm up to his hair and begin to run my fingers gently through it. I see his eyes flutter close and a smile on his lips. I missed Asher. The normal Asher. I had been going to class. He hasn't. I mean, he's got a reason right? The door starts to knock, startling us both. I sit up and Asher puts his arm across me, "stay" he mouths. 

He puts on a short sleeve shirt to go with his gray sweat pants, and walks to the door. He opens it, revealing a very tired and sad Gray. "Bee and I broke up" he sniffs, getting under the covers and snuggling into the side of me. "Aww baby" I hug my hurt best friend as Asher watches in horror. 

"You stole my spot" Ash clenches his jaw. Gray shoos him away. Asher rolls his eyes and pushes the other bed next to ours, making the bed even bigger so all of us could fit. 

"At least let moon be in the middle, please" he huffs as I chuckle. I stand up and peck Asher's lips and cuddle up in the middle of them. 

"My babies" I kiss Gray's forehead and attempt to kiss Asher's but instead moves his face towards my lips, catching them as soon as he can. They both hug each side of me, I felt like nothing else mattered.

The Maddox boys were my world.