𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥.

"when the snows fall, and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies—but the pack survives

"when the snows fall, and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies—but the pack survives."

Keystone was a larger kingdom in the North, almost as large as Winterfell. House Karstell held Keystone, they had held it for thousands of years.

The Karstell's stood by the Starks for just as long as they had been holding Keystone. If a Stark was Warden of The North—a Karstell would stand right next to them.

When Rickard and Brandon Stark were burned alive by the Mad King, Reed and Gerard Karstell were burned alive along with them.

And then—there was Adera.

At the age of six, her father had wanted better for her than to be raised inside a kingdom that wasn't known for kindness. He wanted her to learn how to hold a proper sword, how to act like a lady. And with him growing older, and her mother growing sick—he only had one choice.

He sent her to live with the Starks in Winterfell. So she could grow up with not only the two Stark boys to learn how to fight, but for her to learn from the noble Ned Stark.

Sure, they had visited quite a lot—but with Crenden Karstell giving up the heir to his family's House—it was all handed to Adera.

Adera Karstell grew up to be a kind woman. Eddard Stark could tell just how much of a leader she had grown to be. And with Robb and Jon at her side training, she had become one of the greatest swordsmen in the North.

She had gotten along best with Jon and Robb. Being the same age was a given that they would get along. She saw Robb as a brother, but Jon—he was always different.

So when the news hit of her father's passing, years after her mother's—she knew it was finally time to go home. It was what she was waiting for her whole life, she wanted to rule Keystone since she knew of Crenden's ideas to give away his right to be heir.