chapter 04.

( CHAPTER 4 )❛  mission success  ❜

( CHAPTER 4 )
mission success

_____

     THE BID HAD began, and Liz's heart was thumping against her ribcage harshly as she stood beside Sully, waiting for Nate to shut down the power. She could see near the stage Sam standing idly by in a waiter's outfit, often sneaking glances at Liz.

Guys...you there? Nate said in their earpieces. Liz's fingers tapped anxiously on her arm as she crossed them, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

"God damn it kid, where the hell've you been?" Sully replied.

I made it. Had a few close calls but-

"It would be a good time to cut the power right now, we're cutting it close!" Liz whispered back.

All right well, I'm gonna need a minute before I can reach the panel.

"We don't have a minute, Rafe's about to walk out of here with your cross," Sully warned.

Wait...what? Rafe? Rafe is here?

"Did you not hear my fun little chit chat with him?" Liz asked, shuddering at the memory.

Yes, Rafe is here, and as of right now, he has the highest bid, Sam added on.

Well, outbid him.

"With what?" Sully interjected, "I don't have that kind of scratch."

Sully, we're stealing, remember?

"What if he calls my bluff?"

"He's right, Sully, we gotta take our chances," Liz stated, glancing beside her to him.

The auctioneer asked for anymore bids, making Liz's breathing even more sporadic.

Guys, if we do no get this cross, I am as good as dead, Sam stated.

Liz glared at Sully. He turned to her. She didn't need to say anything for him to understand her. Aside from Nate, Sam probably meant the most to Liz.

He took a deep sigh before nodding to her, raising his number.

"Bene! We have one hundred thousand euros in the room," the auctioneer announced, making Liz let out a sigh of relief.

Her relaxed state didn't last long, as Rafe decided to bid against him. She avoided Rafe's glance her and Sully's way.

Sully raised his number again, and it seemed to go back and forth for eternity before Nate spoke up. All right guys, I'm at the switch. You ready?