1

Naomi

I thank my lucky stars for my shift being over. I work at a bookshop in Los Angeles and although most people think bookshops are a waste of money for business we actually make a lot of money. I guess people still prefer real books even though they love e-books. Working at a bookshop is going to be fun Emily said. Emily is my best friend in the whole world and she owns this not so little place in the heart of Los Angeles. I always find myself proud of what she did to the place. It's modern but still vintage and it just makes you feel at home.

"Doing something fun tonight?" Emily asks with a smirk as we pick our coats after our shift "The only fun I'll have tonight is Netflix," she smiles and shakes her head "I don't get it, you know?" she stops and turns to look at me "You're super hot, have that bad girl vibe, dress all black, have a sleeve tattoo. You even have a motorcycle. How the fuck are you single?" I chuckle as I slide into my leather jacket "I'm serious," I keep chuckling and pull my hair out off the jacket "You want to know why? Because I have high standards, that's why" she rolls her eyes.

"Seriously, when was the last time you got laid?" she raises her brows at me.

"Last night," I shrug.

"Giving yourself an orgasm doesn't count!" I chuckle but don't answer her back.

"I'm finding you a date!" I take a cigarette out of my jacket and start to walk out "Thanks for asking" I say in a sarcastic tone as she follows me "I'm for real, we're going for a girls night tomorrow and I'll find you a date. I'd say dress nicely but you already do so, just do your thing." she waves her hands in front of my body.

"You need a ride?" I ask and light my cigar "Ian picking me up today, thanks though. I'll text you later," I wink at her and walk to my Harley.

Kicking my boots out is the best feeling ever. I'm throwing myself a nice bath with some bath oils and candles so I can relax a little bit. I grab a glass of red wine and walk upstairs to my room. Picking up the book I'm almost finishing, I place it next to the bathtub before checking the water temperature. Finding it good enough I slip inside and let myself sink into the tub, I groan with satisfaction before picking my book.

I enjoy the rest of my bath for at least an hour and god knows how much I needed it.

I apply lotion after I get out and open my closet. I have no idea what I'll wear tomorrow but knowing Em, we're going to the best nightclub in town since she knows the owner. I pick three dresses and lay them on my bed, two of them are the exact same but with different colors.

Underneath is a very very small red velvet dress, I'm pretty sure I won't wear it but I'll try it anyway. After trying the black mini sequin dress I know it's the one I'll wear, it's backless and I look smoking hot in it. I walk downstairs so I can order a pizza and call Em "I'm going to watch a movie and order some pizza wanna join?" I put the phone on speaker as I open the pizza app "I'm sorry, I already have plans with Ian. I would've asked you to join us but we're going to get dirty," she chuckles "Okay..." I say with a smile "Yeah," she sighs and we both crack "Good luck then, I'll be watching Magic Mike in case you wanna stop by," I joke "Will do, thanks, girl."

Emily and I know each other since high school and the rest is history. We hit off pretty well on the first day, she sat next to me while in English class and I finally found someone as crazy and fun as me. While girls our age were crazy about boys and couldn't even talk to them, most of our friends where guys. And we never felt left out or different around them. We always had a great time with them, did crazy things everyone was afraid of and went on road trips together. The best moments would always be when one of us got our drivers license, we would drive through the beaches of Los Angeles late at night and have picnics at the beach. It was a tradition. I still remember when I got my motorcycle license, I hopped on my best friend's brother Harley and showed him how was done. Emily and I went through so many adventures that I couldn't possibly name them, all I know is that she was always there. She was always the one on my side whenever I needed her.

...

I'm running on my apartment like a crazy lady. How did I wake up late? This never happens to me. "Shit, shit, shit," I run a brush through my long black hair and clasp my bra, my phone starts ringing "Hello" I press speaker voice as I grab a white button down shirt and put it underneath my black pencil skirt "Where the hell are you?" Emily whispers "I fell asleep" I groan and pick my Louboutins pumps "Jesus fuck Naomi, how did this happen to you?" I grab my purse and keys and run out of the apartment "Good fucking question, tell me traffic isn't crazy," I beg as I go to the garage "It's fucking California, Naoms!" she shouts "I'm not taking my Harley dressing like this," I sigh "Just get your ass here, the book signing won't start for another forty minutes." she hangs up and I get my ass on the Range Rover.

I was lucky enough to get to the bookshop in less than twenty-five minutes, that's a record. If someone had told me I'd be working in a bookshop two years ago I'd laugh in their faces. Don't get me wrong, I love books and I like to work there, but when I finished my degree in law I never thought I wouldn't find an appealing job. I couldn't wait to start working on a firm but I never found something I loved. I got into a nice firm right after finishing my degree and fired myself on the first day because my boss was fucking hitting on me and didn't stop until I punched him on the nose after saying "I quit!"

I looked for other firms but I never felt like I belonged there. I could've started my own firm, right? That's exactly what I'm doing. I've been working in the bookshop to spend some time and earn some money in the meantime while my office and firm are being developed and I can't wait for it to be finished. I love being an attorney, even if I only ever worked in only two cases in court and won, of course.

"I'm here!" I say as I get past the big line outside "Thank Fuck's" Emily smiles as she sees me "I got you a cappuccino," she hands me the cup "Thanks Em," I give her a quick hug "That's a long line outside," I chuckle. My all-time favorite author will be signing and present her newest book and let's just say I'm fangirling. "Only for the best, baby," she grins "How do you manage to look that good when you just ran late? I hate you," Emily groans and I chuckle.

Work was absolutely crazy today. I still can't believe I got to meet my favorite author and got her to sign one of my favorite books of her alongside with her newest one. Not to mention we basically made money rain today. I just finished taking a quick shower so I can get ready for Em's and I night out. Have I mentioned how fucking good this black sequin dress looks on me? Although Emily is the one-night-stand type, I'm not. I just don't feel comfortable letting a man I barely know fuck the shit out of me, plus, I'm pretty sure I'd feel guilty about it in the morning. The only guy I'd have a one night stand would be Chris Evans, that man is a masterpiece.

The bar is nice, modern, sleek, sexy. It has a nice ambiance and the only people hanging out in here are the tops of the tops, celebrities, local business guys, bachelors. I'm sipping my scotch when Emily practically pushes me to go with her "What the fuck, dude!" I shout but she ignores me "I need you to meet my friend!" she shouts back with a wink, I roll my eyes, not again. "He's definitely your type, you don't want to have a nightstand? Fine, but you're not letting him escape!" I shake my head and follow her, still with my glass of scotch.

We enter the VIP private zone and in the middle is a huge couch with a single table on the center, the rest of the room is exactly like that, full of booths but this one surely stands out and I'm not sure if it's because of the man who's sitting there. He has thick dark brown hair, green eyes with a little hint of blue and a jawline carved by the gods themselves. There's no way right? It can't be him.

He stands up and buttons his suit jacket "Emily, glad you could make it" he says and gives her a quick hug and kiss on the cheek, the other guy stands up as well and greets her. I just stand there and sip my scotch while his hot gaze locks with mine "Sterling this is my friend Naomi," Emily says and he takes a step forward to greet me "Nice to meet you," he smirks and kisses my cheek "Likewise," I nod "And this is Ian, his best friend," she wiggles her brows and I greet him as well. So this is her famous Ian. I take a seat and Sterling sits next to me, the sound is sultry so we can hear each other perfectly. The song that's playing is extremely sexy and I immediately feel like I'm in a strip club. Yeah, I know what those are like. Sterling motions for the bartender and I'm figuring he owns the place because in seconds the bartender is next to us "Get us a refill," he motions to his glass and mine "I'll take one too please, would you like anything, Em?" Ian asks "A dirty martini would be fine," she smiles and the bartender nods before leaving.