Prologue

My alarm clock sung out The Depths by OM&M, like it does every other Saturday. But today wasn't like any other Saturday, because today was Warped Tour! I jumped out of bed and threw my blanket to the side, rushing to my Vanity.

I primed my face with the Photo Finish primer from Sephora, which has 20spf in it, thankfully. Then I blend in my Nude Beige foundation, which also has an SPF in it, as does the concealer I use. So after I conceal my face, I contour, and bake. While my bake sits, I fill in my eyes brows, and do a pink based eyeshadow. Then before doing my waterproof, gel eyeliner, I blend out that bake. Finally I make sure I have fleek as fuck eyeliner, and mascara, then set everything.

For my hair, I take my blonde locks out of my pigtail braids. I have natural curls, but when I shower at night I have to braid my hair to contain the frizz. I spray my hair with curly hairspray, and then prepare my outfit.

I put on my black 34DD push-up bra, and matching black thongs. Then over the thongs, slide into a pair of black leggings, and black socks. Then, I throw on a plane white shirt, but by the end of the day, it will be littered in signatures. To finish the look, I put on my Rick And Morty hat, then, lace onto my feet my black old school vans.

I throw over my shoulders, my plain black mini Jams Port backpack, and I'm set for the day. In my backpack there's well hidden sharpies for signatures, a towel to sit on, a thermos, my wallet, my house keys, and sun block. But before I leave my house I spray on my first coat.

I walk out of my room, and go to the kitchen, where I find my mom sipping coffee at the island.

"Good morning" I place my hand gently on her shoulder and she turns towards me and smiles

"Hey baby, are you excited?"

"Extremely" I giggle

"I made you breakfast, make sure you eat, you don't wanna be tired all day, and the food there's gonna be expensive" she informs me

"Thank you" I kiss her cheek, then grab a paper plate out of the cabinet, scooping the cheesy and freshly made eggs out of the pan, then collecting the lightly browned toast out of the toaster, and the bacon out of the microwave. I sit next to her at the island, and eat my breakfast.

"You gotta cook more often" I nod at her

"Eh, you can cook yourself" she shrugs, and I laugh

"Wow, thanks... MOM"

"Your welcome... DAUGHTER" she bumps shoulders with me

I finish eating, then she drives me to the local BART station, where the bus to Warped leaves from. My friend Lilly walks up to our car and smiles. I step out of the car, with my cans, and hug her. She hands me my ticket and my mom hands her $60 bucks.

"Have fun girls, be safe" my mom smiles driving away, and we skip over to the bus. I put my ticket around my neck, because it's on a lanyard, and so does she. As we step onto the bus, we hand the driver our tickets and he rips them in half, then we go to the very end.

The whole way there, we were wearing out the bands that we were gonna be listening to in just a few hours...