o n e - (sydney)

"sydney," i heard someone say in an annoyed tone of voice.

my head was laying on my desk and someone was shaking my shoulder.

"what happened? where am i?" i questioned as i sat up.

"you're in school, remember?" i saw my teacher standing next to me with her hands on her hips. "this is a place for learning, not sleeping."

"i'm sorry," i responded. "this won't happen again."

"it better not," ms. clark sassed.

it wasn't my fault i couldn't get to sleep last night. for some reason i had a weird feeling about coming to school that day. i mean i never really liked school anyway, but today i thought something might happen.

"okay, let's get back to the lesson now that we've gotten that taken care of," my teacher stated as she looked directly at me.

it was third block, which was right before lunch and i couldn't wait to go eat food. i checked the clock which read 10:49 a.m. eleven more minutes. i absolutely hated physics so it's no surprise that i zoned out for the rest of class.

soon enough, the bell rang and i rushed out of there as fast as i could. i walked as quickly as i could to place my binders in my locker and hurried to get in line for lunch. i grabbed my usual, a strawberry parfait with granola and a bottle of water. then i payed for my lunch and went to look for my friends.

i had a small but close group of friends. there were four of us and we'd know each other for quite a while. i'd known dylan and michael since they were born because our parents were best friends. and then i met lauren in first grade and we just clicked immediately. i introduced the twins to lauren and we all become best friends.

we weren't the most popular group of kids but that never mattered to me. we were always just kinda there. we always talked to everyone, but no one has ever permanently joined our friend group.

as i was walking to our usual table, i saw lauren talking to another girl that i recognized from my calculus class. olivia mckenzie was her name. she was a nice girl, but i never really got to know her too well in that class.

i decided to sit down at our table and wait until my friend was done talking. seconds after i sat down, dylan and michael took the seats on either side of me.

"hi guys," i uttered, still sleepy from not getting enough sleep the night before.

"how's life going?" dylan questioned me.

"i am absolutely exhausted right now," i sighed.

"did you have your coffee this morning?" michael asked.

"yeah. my iced almond milk latte as usual," i explained.

"well when you get home you should probably just get some rest then," dylan replied.

after that there was silence between the three of us and we began to eat our lunches. three minutes had passed and lauren sat down next to michael.

we all made small talk but nothing special.

once lunch finished, i went to the rest of my classes but nothing ever happened.

i guess my suspicions meant nothing.

✰✰✰✰✰

author's note:

so this is the first chapter and i really hope you all didn't think it was too bad :)