Aristocrat's Daughter (1)

She had been pampered all her life.

Young lady Wen Yaoyao had always been a haughty person. Her father was the governor of Shang County, although uncomparable to the states of Jiangnan and Jing, was still of notable prominence. Being the only daughter, she had been spoiled all her life- a gap in parenting that had ultimately led her to be raucous and daring. She always wanted to try new things. She was Wen Gaomin's daughter, who could stop her?

But Yaoyao soon came to learn what regret was.

The children around her were all snivelling. Others looked lifeless, resigned to their fate of abuse. Yaoyao had originally fought, but the men upstairs were too frightening. She had lost all hope when that bright-eyed boy from before had been dragged upstairs.

He had been calm for the most part but who knows what had happened to him?

Thud. Thud.

The children held back screams. The men were coming back.

"No no no no no..." Yaoyao held her ears. No she hated this! She wanted to go home!!

"Daddy please save me."

The hatch opened from above, and the cellar became deathly still. A figure dropped down- a small figure.

"Is everyone alright?"

Yaoyao thought she was dreaming. She looked up slowly as her fists tightened, unaware of her nails digging into her skin. She feared that the boy infront of them was a mirage- an illusion that would raise their hopes then ultimately scare them back to reality.

"No.." she heard herself croak, surprised that she had a voice at all. "No you must be a ghost. You're dead." Her voice sounded gritty to her ears, it wasnt pretty. She hated this. She didn't like this version of her- weak. So so weak.

The bright-eyed boy smiled. "Take a look, are you sure im dead?"

Slowly, the other children started looking. Wide eyes widened even more.

'Bro- big brother is that you?"

Qiu Ming tossed a gentle smile to his previous companion.

"Of course it is, why would I lie?"

Gasps of astonishment filled the room. He was alive! They couln't believe it!

"Come. I can take us all out of here. But you must follow my instructions without questions, are we clear?"

The children looked eager, hope filling their eyes. To them Qiu Ming was heaven sent-

"Stop!"  A voice grated. "Are you all crazy?" 

Qiu Ming spotted the same girl who had disagreed with him glaring viciously.

"How can you trust him so blindly? What if he's colluded with those men? It's impossible for him to be alive!"

Yaoyao did not understand where this anger came from, but she spouted torrents of hate anyways. She just couldnt believe for this to be true.

Before Qiu Ming could talk, a light voice echoed.

"What's the matter?"

Another figure dropped down the hatch. Yaoyao gaped as she stared at a small little girl, who looked younger than her, stare at all of them serenely.

"My lady..." Qiu Ming sighed. "I was just about to convince them."

Ah Ruo looked at him, then turned to stare at Yaoyao. The latter felt uncomfortable, but she could barely turn her gaze away from the little girl. There was an air of intimidation that just seemed to radiate off of that small body of hers.