It's not your fault [13]

Hopper and I arrive at a certain place my eyes have caught before. It was a rust-colored colored ranch with a sand road that led towards a rather diminutive porch. Hopper pulls up before the house on the driveway. "Why-" Hopper cuts me off by a small gesture. "but-", "Just stay here, kid. I will be back soon." With those words, the sheriff got out of the vehicle and wandered off towards the house.

My gaze shifts back and forth, studying every little area of the environment that was encircling me. I discover birds singing joyfully. The sun was shining brightly and the trees, that were surrounding the house, were only moving slightly due to the wind that was present. My eyes turn back at the house. "This is it," I mumble to myself. It just didn't look as horrible as before.

Time flew by in a matter of time as I was sunken in my own thoughts. I then hear tapping on the surface. My gaze instantly snapped towards the direction, facing the sheriff. He opens the door, gets in, and removes the light brown hat off his head. The male halfway threw the head in front of my chair, only a few inches away from my feet.

"Where were you thinking of?" he required as he starts the truck. "Why did you drive towards Will's house?" I request, changing the subject. I didn't want to tell him I ran away from home and went into some sticky slime that caused me to end up at Will's house. "You didn't know, do you?" he questioned with a soft chuckle. My eyebrows furrow slightly as I keep maintaining eye contact. "What do you mean?" I state.

"Will's in the hospital. He had an attack. When he woke up, he said something was shredding him apart. That he could feel the pain inside of him. That kid has problems, but this time it just doesn't make sense. At least not to me." he remarked, driving away from the house.

"W-What do you mean...shredding apart?" I ask hesitantly. "Like I said, It doesn't make sense." My gaze increases as I research my memories. My head somewhat moved towards the window as I try to recall what happened exactly. 'What if...this happened because of what I did?' I question myself internally as Hopper drove further. I sigh softly, looking for every single detail. 

'I was talking with Will and Joyce when this... thing came, right?' I furrow my eyebrows while thinking. My facial expressions are usually an open book, even though I didn't want that to be. 'I...killed it before hearing Joyce again-' My eyes widen as I feel a slight sting in my brain. As if my brain didn't want me to rethink about what happened. As if it didn't want me to know what Joyce mentioned. As if something didn't want me to know too much about it at all.

I hear the door being slammed, causing me to get startled. My head shocks towards the left side as I see Hopper standing outside of the vehicle, putting his hat on. I sigh from relief followed be getting out of it. I close the door followed by looking around at the new surroundings. I then smell something filling the air before seeing grey-ish smoke resembling. My eyes turn towards the direction, seeing Hopper holding a cigarette. 

"Why...are we in front of a hospital?" I state, trying not to make it awkward between us. I rotate my head back towards the building, directing at it with my index finger.

"Suprise," he responds followed by blowing out smoke. I blink with my e/c eyes as I remark the male approaching up to me. He passes me by, wandering towards the entrance of the clinic. "Surprise?" I murmur to myself with a slight pout, not understanding it completely. Yet I decide to follow him towards the massive building.

×In The Hospital×

We escorting through the hallway of the building. The walls were eggshell colored. My eyes move forth and back, making sure Papa wasn't there. I get a cold shiver, only thinking about his face I remarked before. We pass by doctors, nurses, surgeons and patients. Hopper stops in front of a room, causing me to quit moving as well. My gaze moves up, trailing over a number that said: ' 254'. When I glimpse back at the other, I noticed him staring at me, waiting for my attention to be fully on him.