Part 6

Steve's pov.

When all was said and done I realized what Natasha ment when she said that I need to find it. It took me so long to discover the thing that was right in font of me. Before Nat I prioritized on everything else over my happiness, now our happiness was the only thing that was important.

One month passed since we confessed our feelings. The last week we left the hostel where we used to stay. The people there started asking too much about us, so we rent a house for two weeks. After that we'll try to contact T'Challa and ask for help. The house was in quiet neighborhood. It was with one bedroom, living room, small kitchen and a bathroom. It wasn't better then the hotel room, but it was enough for us. The only thing that mattered to me was to be with her, on safe.

Years ago she was my best friend and sometimes I took care of her, I looked after her, protected her in every mission, but now that's my responsibility. I'll protect her with my life and as long as I live. I finally found my peace, my place in the world - it is by her side.

Falling asleep in her arms, waking up with her kisses. Enjoying every second spent with her. We were cooking, cleaning, training, taking walks together. We slept in the same bed, cleaned in the mornings, later in the afternoons we were cuddling on the couch while watching TV. Then we would set the table and eat peacefully, I just couldn't get my eyes off her. She is the cutest with her mouth full of spaghetti.

After the dinner we usually went for a walk, holding hands and kissing on the streets like teenagers. My life was perfect, like this. I didn't mind that we were still fugitives, with her by my side there's nothing that we can't prevail. I'm ready to live my entire life on the run, just to be with her.

Natasha's pov.

We were cuddling in the bed one rainy afternoon when out of nowhere I felt hunger, I was ready to eat everything that was in the fridge.

Natasha: Okay now, I'll go to the store. We need bread. Do you have some money, cause I'm broke. I said while checking my purse.

Steve: Sure, do you want me to come with you? He hand me the money.

Natasha: Nope, you can prepare the dinner. I put my arms around his neck after I took the money. I'll be back soon. I kissed his cheek and left.

Just before I entered the store I felt sudden urge to throw up. I get down on my knees and threw up almost everything that I ate.

I was feeling nauseous since I entered the store. I grabbed the bread, paid and running left the supermarket. As soon as I get out I fell on the grass and threw up again.

Hardly I get up and headed to our house.
It became darker as I was coming closer to our street. I continued walking with pain in my stomach and entered in our street.

Red and blue lights were the only thing that I could see from where I was standing. My mind blocked, I let the bread on the sidewalk. The next thing that I succeed to see was the police taking Steve. Tear fall down my cheek, I forgot to breathe. Soon I couldn't see him, they put him into the police car and drove off. I wanted to run forward to Steve, but I started running back, as fast as I could. I wanned to go there and save Steve, but there were more then fifty policemen. They would have caught me for sure. And I can't save him from inside the prison.

The police was behind me, I couldn't run anymore, the pain that I felt stopped me and I started throwing up as I cried loudly. I was standing on the sidewalk, faced to one yard so the police couldn't recognize me. I approached more than nine police cars passing behind me. After I was done, I felt like nothing was left inside me. I fall on the ground and continued crying. I lost the only thing that kept me alive, Steve was the reason I didn't give up on myself. He was the missing piece that completed me. He was my soulmate.

I didn't have anywhere to even for tonight, I couldn't return to the house they must have left some cops there waiting for me. Where will I go now? What will I do now? I was hopeless, I sat on my knees and prayed for help. I was alone again.

---
Nat is alone again, how will she survive alone without her guardian angel.😢
What do you think happened to Steve, who took him?
I won't let you guys wait long to see what happens next, I'm updating soon.