2. *hug*

Tammy whistled when she saw Laurel stepping out of the principals office with a red paper in her hand. Laurel looked up to her and smirked.
"Very funny huh?" She went closer to Tammy.
"If I were Dwen, you'd be outta this school, girl. Consider yourself lucky." She laughed and then went serious." But really, what were you thinking?"  She snapped Laurel." You could've gotten yourself expelled. Is your brain working properly?" Laurel began to laugh.
"Easy there, munchkin. I'll never get myself expelled, specially if what I did was telling the truth to a teacher, calm down." Tammy raised an eyebrow. Laurel placed her hands in both Tammy's shoulders and turned her around. "See that?" She pointed at the sign in the door of the office, there was written Principal Reed in bright gold letters.
"Yeah, it's the office." She shrugged. Laurel sighted.
"That's my mom in there." Tammy opened her mouth.
"You've got to be kidding me, so your the director's daughter? This is insane dude. That doesn't mean you get to treat your teachers as if they were some kind of servants you know?" Laurel nodded.
"I know, I've never been the disrespectful kind. What you saw today was just me testing my mother's patience. They kicked me out of my previous school, just checking." Tammy was confused. Why would they kick Laurel out of the school? Yeah, maybe she was kind of explosive, but other than that she was an ordinary 14 year old girl.
"Test what? And wait, why did they kick you out of your school?" Laurel's eyes suddenly filled with a deep sadness, her face turned into full melancholy mixed with anger. She shook her head as forgetting what she was thinking about.
"Stuff, completely meaningless stuff." She said that with her eyes sparkling with disappointment.
"It seems like it matters to you." Tammy rubbed Laurel's shoulder showing empathy.
"It's okay T. One day we'll talk about it." She smiled and then wiggled her eyebrows. "Now, let's talk about this ridiculous nickname of yours." Tammy laughed.
"There's nothing to talk about Laurel, it's just a nickname I got in Venezuela, though it does sound silly when they call me like that over here." She lowered her head sadly, she missed her country so much.
"Well, let's change that then. From now on I'll call you Tara, how does that sound?" Tammy smiled and nodded.
"I know this will sound cheesy. But I'm so glad we met, I literally have no friends here, it's nice having someone who cares. Thank you." She smiled shyly, she has never been the kind of person who speaks her heart, specially to people she just met. But Laurel was different, she gave Tammy a safe and friendly vibe she didn't dislike.
"Awnnnnn, come here you little nugget, give your cotton candy a hug." Laurel opened her arms and Tammy chucked, they hugged.
"Wait, did you just called yourself a cotton candy?" Laurel nodded while chuckling.
"Yep, I know I look like one. But that's okay, rainbow hair kicks ass." Tammy laughed. "Hey, speaking of, you should dye your hair. I mean, your brown hair is gorgeous but you'd look even better with a fantasy hair, specially because your skin color is absolutely perfect. Like really Tara, how do you get that tanned when we live here?" Laurel asked.

The truth is, Tara had been thinking about dying her hair some blue or maybe even pink, but the thought of being even more different than she already was, scared the hell out of her. So she preferred to remain with her brownish color, just to be sure.
"Well, I'm a latina you know. So the color is kind of natural, not sun induced." Laurel opened her mouth in surprise.
"Oh my god." She was in shock. Tammy was getting nervous, would she reject her like the rest of the school just for being a latina? Great job Tamara, your one and only friend here, lasted for what, two hours?

Suddenly Laurel shouted.
"You've got to be kidding me! Damn girl!" Tammy opened her mouth to protest. Did Laurel had a problem with latinamericans? "I think I like you more than what I used to! If that's even possible of course." Tammy shut her mouth. What? "Jesus Christ, now you can teach me how to speak spanish! This is awesome Tara!" Tammy laughed and nodded.
"Whatever Laurel, I'm Venezuelan anyways. Speaking of, where are you from?" Laurel made a thinking face.
"Well, I was born in Sydney but when my mom and dad split up, I came to live in the USA." Laurel laughed. "I remembered when I first went to school and they mocked me for my accent." Tammy giggled.
"I've been there. But wait, your previous school was here? I mean, Arizona?" Laurel shook her head.
"Nope, I used to live in San Francisco. My mom got a job offer over here, at first she declined but two months later I got kicked out so we decided to come here, for a fresh start you know." Tammy nodded.
"I get the feeling." Tammy smiled sweetly and Laurel's eyes moistened."It's okay to miss San Franciso, it gets better. Just don't push it, okay?" Laurel nodded and then frowned.
"The only thing I miss is my house." She said with the voice full of hatred and anger. Tammy knew she shouldn't, but she asked anyways.
"Didn't you have friends back there?" Laurel turned to her and shook her head slowly.
"No friends. At least no one that was worth it." She sighted."Anyways, that's all behind, I'm here now. With you." She smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes.
"Yup. Let's rock the hell outta this shitty school." They walked though the hallways singing their song.

Living la vida loca.