The Waiting Game

Hey! So, I'm glad that people liked my first chapter! If you liked my art featured in the chapter you should follow my Instagram, @boredoodlesinc. I haven't been posting much on it, but I will try to post more!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I arrived home after my run, exhausted and excited. I leaped onto my tiny yellow bed, and stared at my desk. My desk is a mess, makeup, plants, pencils, notebooks, and other trinkets are scattered on it. I have a world map over my desk, and a bulletin board filled with quotes next to it. My old grey beanbag droops on the floor under the board. My room is a huge mess, and doesn't really match my personal style at all. I guess that's because I got this apartment 3 years ago and now I've changed and haven't had the time or effort to redecorate.
My phone buzzed, and I felt a tingle in my heart. Is it her? I looked at my phone, and no. It was another text from Jem, and I sighed of disappointment and relief somehow. I was relieved that I wouldn't have to be anxious about meeting her, yet, but I was also disappointed that she didn't answer.

 I was relieved that I wouldn't have to be anxious about meeting her, yet, but I was also disappointed that she didn't answer

I replied to Jem's text immediately, because I was kinda bored since today was a laid-back day.(except for the whole Julia Adams thing that I still can't wrap my head around)

(except for the whole Julia Adams thing that I still can't wrap my head around)

Once I replied, I crossed my legs and stared at the white ceiling. I can't believe that Julia Adams messaged me, out of all people, me. I guess I am the closest person that looks like her, but I will probably blow her cover. Why did I say yes? I can't believe that I said yes. My phone vibrated and I sat up to read it. It was again, a text from Jem that I swiped on. Jem is actually way more social than I thought, but maybe that's just because they love Julia, a whole lot actually. At least, that's the impression that August gave me.

        Yeah, I can't imagine myself being able to do this either, but somehow I managed to say yes

Yeah, I can't imagine myself being able to do this either, but somehow I managed to say yes. As I sat there on my bed, I typed out a response and hit send.

        My phone buzzed again, but this time it wasn't a text from Jem

My phone buzzed again, but this time it wasn't a text from Jem. I slowly picked up the phone and...It was a direct message from August, not Julia. For some reason we like to direct message each other more than texting, even though we both have each other's numbers. I guess it's because we are both somewhat popular on Instagram so we are always on it anyway. Well, I guess we are more than somewhat popular; we both have a significantly large following. Still, I'm never in the mood to brag, and sometimes I have a pessimistic view on the world, so I normally say it's just a little big following, if that makes sense. I typed in my password and entered Instagram. I tapped on the direct message button, and onto his message, which read:
@earlyfall: So...what are you thinking about for the Julia Adams thing?
I typed out a similar reply to Jem's text that read:
@lolalavender: I said yes.
However, I added another text to keep the conversation going.
@lolalavender: How did your date go?
I waited a few seconds until he replied.
@earlyfall: It actually went terrible. We had nothing in common... and other weird things happened. I'll tell you later in person, it's kinda complicated.
August goes on a lot of dates, like a lot, most don't go that well. Especially after his 6 year long relationship with Bryan, a guy he still misses deeply. Sadly, all he wants is another Bryan, but no one seems to be like him. Honestly, he needs to let go of Bryan and look for someone new, instead of longing for a clone of him. August messaged me again:
@earlyfall: Has Julia replied yet?
I wish she did, but sadly my answer is no.
@lolalavender: Nope.
        It's been maybe 2 and a half hours since I replied to Julia, so I'm not sure what's taking so long. August waited a while to reply too, and when he answered, the text said:
@earlyfall: wow she's taking a long time.
@earlyfall: She's probably with Jason. ;)
        I chuckled at that comment. A video leaked a few weeks ago of Jason Sanchez and Julia Adams supposedly kissing at a bar in West Hollywood. The internet exploded with people either hating the new ship, or loving it to the point of obsession. After a while, the video became a meme because of how obviously fake it was. You could even see that a person in the background disappeared and reappeared again in a matter of seconds. It's strange how people actually believed this glitchy video to be authentic. It turns out that the video was just an art project to see how realistic this art student in Florida could make an animation. It's actually pretty amazing, despite the broken person flashing in and out of existence.
@lolalavender: haha, totally.
        I plopped my back onto the bed, and laid there with my arms extended and my feet dangling off the ledge. I sighed as I began to think about what I was going to plan for today. Clearly, Julia wasn't going to answer anytime soon. She messaged me 3 and a half hours ago, and hasn't even read my message yet. She's obviously going to be busy for a while. My phone vibrated in my hand, and I moved my arm sluggishly to have the phone held above my face. I was expecting to have a message from August, but that's not what I got.
@JuliaAdamsOfficial: Meet me at Crystal Café at 1:30.