34. Keith

Lance fell again. I reached my arm out to grab him but instead, smoothly, a tall and tan man held him in his arms.

I look up in surprise to see a slender man with angular features and long white dreadlocks.

"Are you feeling okay, Lance? You look ill." His British accent is the last clue I need to figure out who this was. This was the "hottest guy in school" and the man everyone could tell had a crush on Lance.

Lance smiles his million dollar smile at Lotor, still in his arms, "I'm feeling fine, thank you." For a minute there's an awkward silence where I'm glaring at Lotor, Lotor is holding Lance lovingly and Lance is just smiling confusedly.

Lance finally awkwardly separates himself from Lotor. He looks back at me and all my rage fades when he smiles at me, "Keith and I-" he walks back to me and slings an arm around my shoulders. I blush, "Are seeing a movie. What are you doing?"

Lotor looks me up and down with disgust then smiles at Lance. "I'm meeting up with Acxa. We're watching the incredibles." Lotor chuckles, only looking at Lance, and I want to strangle him.

Of course he's watching the same movie as us.

Don't say we're watching the same movie Lance. Don't say it. Don't say it. Please don't say-

"Oh really? Keith, Hunk, Pidge and I are meeting up here to watch that too! Would you like to sit with us?" Lance smiles his friendly smile and I scowl. I look down at the ground. Lance may have his arms around me but I feel isolated.

I look up to see Lotor's answer and he smirks at me before looking back at Lance, "That would be lovely." Lance starts walking and he's pulling me with him. Lotor falls in to step right next to Lance. He keeps smiling at him.

He needs to stop.

Once we arrived at the theatre we saw Hunk and Pidge laughing about something and Acxa leaning against the wall with her leg up.

I nod at my sister who nods back.

Lance whispers in my ear, "Is that your guys' emo code?" I growl and lightly slap his face. "Oowwwiee Keeeeith!" He rubs his cheek with a pout. I don't think this one actually hurt him but Lotor then quickly uses this to his advantage.

Lotor grabs Lance's hand from his cheek then replaces Lance's hand with his own.

Lotors hand. On Lance's cheek. Lotor looking at Lance manipulatively. Lance blushing slightly.

"Are you okay?" Lotor asks in his sickeningly sweet accent. Lance looks away, he glances at me, "I'm fine, Keith and I were just playing around." Lance chuckles and scratches the back off his head.

He's nervous?

Lance pulls away from both of us and skips to Hunk and Pidge. Exclaiming something as he waves to them, they both smile and say something back. The three of them excitedly talk about something. Probably the movie.

I'm about to walk to them when Lotor places a heavy hand on my shoulder. He leans down to my ear to whisper, "You may think you have a chance with him because you guys hangout. But you're just a friend to him. Nothing more." Lotor sneers at me before walking off leisurely to my sister.

She says something under her breath while pointing at Lance. Lotor smiles and nods. Acxa looks conflicted, like she's trying to choose between something.