Unplanned

Three minutes.

Three long, excruciating minutes of earth shattering silence and bouncing, nervous knees. Stiles' heart was beating erratically, leaving him speechless and anxious. Anxiety was something he was used to, panic attacks had followed him around since his mother passed. Speechlessness is something that's completely new to him, he didn't have the words to describe how he felt and that sort of terrified him; thus the nervous shaking.

"It's going to be okay" Melissa said in a gentle tone, placing her hand on top of his knee to stop him from tapping it incessantly against the hardwood floor. Stiles shook his head, putting his hand on top of hers and squeezing.

"What if it's not okay? What if-"

"Don't" Melissa quickly cut the boy off, taking his face in her hands and forcing him to look at her. "Don't start with the 'what ifs' and don't you dare start questioning every single little thing that might come of this day. You never know what life is going to bring you, honey. This world is so unexpected but if anyone was strong enough to handle life's curve balls, it's you. You are going to be just fine no matter what-" Melissa was cut off by the ringing of her phone, signaling the timer had went off. Stiles gasped, Melissa's hands falling from his cheeks as he looked over at the pregnancy tests lying on the bathroom counter.

"I'm scared" he whispered, brokenly.

"I'm right here" Melissa assured, taking the boy's hand in her own and guiding him to the counter. "We'll look together, okay?" She whispered, taking a hold of the test. Stiles nodded, tears slowly steaming from his eyes as he listened to Melissa counting down from three. When she flipped the first test over his stomach sank, all the air from his body left with one exhale, his chest sinking into his stomach at the pink identical lines. She flipped the other two tests, exposing the consistent positive result. Stiles numbly sank to the floor, his knees barely avoiding crashing against the tile before Melissa wrapped her arms around him. She pulling him into her with soft, reassuring words that he could barely hear over the sound of his own heartbeat.

"It's going to be okay. You're going to get through this, we're going to help you through this" she soothed a hand through his hair, holding him tight before he could fall apart. He could hardly breathe. All he could picture was the worst. Raising a child by himself, living with his father until he's eighty, failing as a father because he can barely take care of himself, let alone a baby. Everything hurt. His muscles were aching as he was barely allowing himself to take breaths in.

"You're ok. You're ok" he didn't even realize he was crying until he heard his own sob, muffled by Melissa's tee shirt. "Deep breaths, sweetie, in and out. Follow me" Stiles focused on the consistent rise and fall of the woman's chest, listening to the deep breaths leaving her lips and trying to match it with his own. After a few minutes, he was breathing normally again, falling completely against the woman that was like his second mother.

"I don't know if I can do this" Stiles whispered, after a few minutes of silence. Melissa ran her thumb against his tear stained cheek and gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Of course you can, honey. Because you have me, and you have your father, and Scott, and most importantly you have a boy that loves you and would do anything for you" stiles sighed, thinking about the black haired boy that held his heart.

"I don't want to lose him" stiles cried, burying his face in Melissa neck, the woman wrapping her arms around him tighter.