Matching Outfits

"We have a matching outfit," Adrien awed at his reflection after he donned his uniform.

"Given that you have an ancient magus blood like me, it's better if you have a similar reinforcement suit that secures your magical leak if things go haywire," said Ladybug while observing his suit with a grim expression "But I don't understand why you have pockets. Pockets."

"That's because I'm way better at costume designing than your Kwami," Plagg interjected, which earned a cheeky tongue from Tikki "Hey kid, put these on your head."

The blond's brows furrowed when he accepted a pair of cat ears "What are these for?"

"Radar sensors, which enhances your hearing capacity," was the black Kwami's explanation, then handed him a dark mask "Here's your glamour. Try it."

After securing the faux ears on top of his head, Adrien slipped the eye mask that clung neatly on his skin.

"Any uncomfortable feeling like itchiness or something?" asked Plagg.

The blond shook his head then blinked wildly at the imagery "Whoa, I'm seeing some digits on the side...wait, are these heat readings?"

"Ladybug, would you mind if you could turn the lights off?"

The spotted heroine nodded as she compiled the black Kwami's request.

"Whoa!" exclaimed Adrien when the room became dark "I've got night sensors?!"

The switch was flipped on "That's because some Akumas often show up at night."

"So it's pretty handy, huh? Cool."

"You look like a cat," the heroine bemused at the blond's appearance "And what's with the bell anyway?"

"I asked him about that but he won't tell me the real reason behind it," Plagg snickered much to the blond's offense.

He was wearing a dark leather-like spandex that covers his body from foot to neck, with matching combat boots, clawed gloves, and a tail-like belt. On his back latched his staff, his weapon of choice that he can elongate or separate into two with a touch of a button, and on his finger was a green-pawed ring Miraculous.

"Hey, don't make fun of my bell," Adrien frowned at his Kwami "It's a symbol of an ownership."

"Of who?"

The blond winked suggestively at Ladybug who groaned exasperatedly.

"Why, do I look so claw-some in your eyes meow, Buginette?" he wiggled his brows much to her chagrin.

"I should've kept my mouth shut if you'll bombard me with cat puns," she deadpanned "And will you stop calling me Buginette?"

"But my Lady, I find that nickname so endearing!" he mocked an offended look "It's so spot on to your actual name!"

"Adrien!"

"Hey, hey. I did not call you both here to flirt," said Tikki which made the two fall into a flustered mess "Shall we proceed to the training room so we can begin the durability test?"

As they walked towards the assigned area, Ladybug asked: "Why did you choose a staff instead of a sword or rapier even though you're so good at fencing?"

"I'm also proficient with bōjutsu," answered the blond "And besides, the staff has cooler gadgets than any weapons that I've tried. It has a GPS, an image scanner and a communicator all at once! It's like a smart staff!"

"Boys and their toys", the red Kwami rolled her eyes indignantly, and her reaction warranted a side poke from her counterpart.

While the Kwamis settled themselves in the control room, Ladybug and Adrien went inside the assigned training room. It was bigger than the usual practice room that he had with Plagg, but with obstacle courses like ramps and tunnels.

Plagg's voice echoed in the intercom "Ehem, so we are going to perform a durability test on your upgraded suits. Kid, I want you to focus your power on your Miraculous and once you felt a stinging sensation there, you have to say 'Claws Out'"

Adrien raised a thumbs up sign.

"Now the Little Lady there will make sure that your transformation is complete, and if things will go crazy, she can stop you immediately," the Kwami went on "She will demonstrate you first on how to sync yourself with the Miraculous. Ready?"

Ladybug nodded then chanted "Spots On!"

Adrien gasped when her earrings - he thought it was an earpiece at first - glowed in red, followed by her red uniform in black spots for mere seconds. There weren't any visible changes in the appearance, but once he made a closer look...

"Your glamour is fully activated," he commented with astonishment "Your earrings became red with black spots!"

"And my weapon became fully functional," Ladybug answered, pulling out her yo-yo and showed him the functions by opening its cover "Plus, I can communicate freely with my Kwami."

"Interesting."

"Your turn?"

Adrien closed his eyes to concentrate his power to his Miraculous then chanted "Claws Out!"

He felt a familiar surge of power enveloping his body which lasted for a few seconds, and when he opened his eyes, he noticed the immediate changes.

"My tail-belt moves? And...wait, can you check if I can wiggle my cat ears?" he asked Ladybug who bit the inside of her cheeks, then he pulled out his staff "Let me check my weapon...whoa, what sorcery is this?!"

"Your suit and your weapon are pretty much ordinary unless you power it up using your Miraculous," the blond jolted with a squeak when Plagg's voice reverberated in his ear "And stop acting like a fool down there."

"You can talk in my mind?!"

"Of course I can, you dumbo. That's why I made you sync yourself with the Miraculous," the black Kwami huffed "The Miraculous binds you to me, your Kwami, and at the same time it serves you as your Stabilizer which prevents you from exhausting your magical essence and your Limiter which will warn you if your power is on critical limit."

"Awesome."

Ladybug cocked her hips "Now, shall we test your suit Chaton?"

"Chaton?!" he gasped incredulously at her taunts "I'm in no way a Chaton but a Chat! That's right, I am Chat Noir!"

"Then prove yourself, mon Minou" the heroine smirked, which riled him more "Or shall I just call you, Matou?"

Adrien extended his staff and began to attack his ever-confident Lady.