CHAPTER ELEVEN

Relaxing with the late night radio playing and a flickering candle too

Everything was so quite and I could hear the owls tweeting and hooting in the peaceful night sky.. I sat up in bed and logged online. Reading my brothers blog page, not a word or feeling of worry about his family. Its not my place to say either but I can't help but feel that burning anger towards him flaring up.

Dan online - message

"HEY YOUR AWAKE? CANT SLEEP? I CANT."

"HEY.. YEAH CANT SLEEPJUST LISTENING TO THE RADIO AND THE OWLS.... WHY CANT YOU SLEEP'

"NAH CANT SLEEP... SITTING UP DOING PAPERWORK... MAY ASWELL MAKE USE OF THE TIME... YOU KNEW THE BABY WASN'T MINE'

"I KNEW SHE HAD DOUBTS. I COULDN'T TELL YOU. WASN'T MY PLACE TOO. SHE HAD TO TELL YOU"

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN"

"A WHILE...IM SORRY I COULDNT TELL YOU!! I WANTED TOO BUT I HAD MY OWN STUFF YOU KNOW?!"

"YEAH GUESS"

"YOU KNOW ANDY MAKES MY BLOODY BOIL..."

We chatted for a while but I felt like I was in a dark place..

"NICOLE? DO ME A FAVOUR?"

"ANYTHING!"

"EARLY RIDE?"

"UMM I CANT"

"PLEASE"

"6AM"

"AT THE FARM"

I smiled nervously knowing I'll be riding with him like we used to as kids just minus Andy tagging behind us!

The dawn was about to break as I saddled up the horses.. I was being quiet not to wake mum or dad! My warm breath was hitting the cold air.. I rubbed my hands together as I spotted his car coming towards the gates..

"Morning" he mumbled as he pulled his gloves on.

"Morning.. Ready?"

"Yeah ready!!"

We walked the track we used too as kids and the peace & quiet was amazing.

"See it hasn't changed"

"Wow it's still so beautiful"

"I know... You know this is the first time in a long time I've been down here"

The mist was laying low but the green grass was bright as the sunrise happened!

"How long?"

"Long time"

"Days? Weeks? Months?"

"Years.... 2009 to be exact"

"2009?"

"Yep.."

"But that was when.."

"Yep" she stopped me and looked at me with bated breath..

"Andy was here with us remember?"

"Yeah.. He fell down... Idiot"

"Funny though... What's really been going on?"

"What u mean?"

"In the letter your mum sent me... She said about your dad and that she was worried about you!!"

"Worried about me?? Nah I'm fine!"

"Really??"

"Really honest.. She prob just worried coz I've been tired.. Working and then here too"

"Why isn't Andy helping?"

"He can't have time off work!"

"Right.... James?"

"He's gone!"

"For good?"

"Yeah..."

We started to go back to the house and she said to me as we put the Horses in the field.

"James and me... Ummm there's something else! "

"NICOLE DANIEL ITS BOB" my mum came running out screaming in a panic

We both ran inside in a panic, dan pushed by me up the stairs and I could hear him shouting for my dad..

I just stood there holding mum as we watched dan putting dad on his side and talking to him.. It all seems a bluer hearing dan calling 999 for a ambulance as he supported dad on the floor! Mum sobbing..