!!IMPORTANT UPDATE!! Please read!

Sorry, it's not the next chapter. It probably won't be for a long while yet.

You all don't know this, but I keep all my writing on a USB as word documents, which I paste to Wattpad when I'm finished writing them. Early this month I left my USB at school, and upon returning to get it the contacts were damaged and on every computer I plug it into it shows up as an empty, nameless drive. 

When things like these happen I lose my drive, and the more I lose the worse it gets. I had over 50,000 words worth of non-chronological writing for Strange Tides alone, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to pick myself up and start over. Not to mention all the other stories I had written there. The only thing I haven't lost is a short story called Retribution that I wrote as a gift to my boyfriend and thus have printed out, and I wasn't planning on posting it anywhere until I rewrite it.

My files might still be there. They might not. I won't know for sure until we can find someone who can look at the USB itself and not just the contacts (they're scratched up for some reason, but I can't fathom how.) If it turns out all my work is fine and okay, then I think I'll be able to return to this story eventually. But if not, then I'm afraid this version of Strange Tides will have to be put on the back burner until I can bring myself to really develop everything I did wrong in this draft.

In the meantime, I am going to be rewriting Retribution for July's session of Camp NaNoWriMo and I may return to writing with an all new novel. I'm currently working on a webcomic called Minou & Cu Sith with my boyfriend, though, and I would love for you guys to check it out. The links are in the previous update and also on my profile. We were lucky that I keep my art and webcomic files local.

Thanks for supporting this story, every time someone added this story to their reading list, voted, or commented, it really made my day. Even if I never finish this, I hope you'll all stick around to see what I'll write next, and because I have a great writing partner it'll be a lot better than this. :)

Kalina / nekh