Ch. 4- Questions

Harry-

"Oi! Get your bloody hands off my sister!" Ron's voice breaks apart our perfect moment. One look at Ginny's face tells me she doesn't think this will end well. I see Hermione lightly pulling on Ron's arm, trying to stop this before it goes too far. But it's too late. Ginny's parents and some of her brothers come into the living room to see what the problem is. So much for telling them slowly.

I try to reason with him. "Ron, I swear—"

"No. Don't even start. I bet you don't even realize how much you hurt her last year. I trusted you last year, but this time I'm not going to." Ron's face is red and he walks a few steps closer to me.

"Last year?" Echoes Mr. Weasley from across the room. I look away from Ron and see that now almost all of Ginny's brothers are looking angrily at me.

Ginny ignores them. "Ron, I never asked for you to protect me. I know what I'm getting myself into!" She yells back.

I look over at Charlie, who is watching the situation with an amused face.

"What do you mean he hurt Ginny?" Bill says, walking up to where Ron, Ginny and I am standing.

"He didn't hurt me!" Ginny yells back. I wince a little at that, because we both know that's a lie.

Ron rolls his eyes. "Damn right he did. And both us us know it." Now he is stepping even closer to her.

I figure it's my time to step in before wands are drawn and this gets even more out of hand. The redheads really do tend to have a temper. "Ron, I was only doing it to protect her! I thought you understood. Would you have wanted her name out there like ours? On the undesirable list, where she would be tracked every day?"

"You heard McGonagall. She almost died at Hogwarts! That doesn't sound too safe for me!And don't even pretend that you didn't hurt her. I'm sure you don't even know." Yells Ron again.

"I didn't want to do it, Ron! It was just something that had to be done." I say again, trying not to yell this time.

Ron follows my lead, and stops yelling. "You disgust  me." He comes up to me and punches me square in the face. It's not enough to hurt, but it's the thought of my best mate punching me that makes me wince.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ginny pulling out her wand, ready the strike. I step in front of her and grab the wand quickly, trying to look into her eyes which are glaring at Ron. She tries to grab it back, but I place my hand on her arm.

"Ronald Billius Weasley, you come back here this minute!" I hear Mrs. Weasley say, after gasping. Ron doesn't listen and continues to storm up to his room.

Bill looks over at Charlie. "You're okay with this?" He used his hands to gesture at me and Harry.

Charlie just shrugs. "I trust the poor bloke. If he can save the whole world, he probably deserves a girl as good as ours."

Bill furiously turns back so he's facing us. "How exactly did you hurt her, Potter?"

Before I can answer, Mr. Weasley speaks up. "Harry and Ginny, can you two please talk to us in the other room for just a moment?" I look at Ginny who has a nervous expression in her eyes.

As we wander into the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley gestures for both of us to sit down. We do, and they shortly follow their lead. "We just wanted to know the full story before we made any conclusions." She says.

"So, Harry, how long have you been dating my daughter?" Mr.Weasley asks, looking me straight in the eye.

"We started dating near the end of last year, when I was in my sixth year." I answer quickly, trying to not mess up my words.