Part One - Chapter Twenty: The Truth Revealed

Cristiano smiled as he wrapped his arm around Felisa as they walked into the house, it was the day before his mother’s wedding and he was glad he had something to take his mind off the recent break-in.

The brunette was wearing an orange strapless midi dress with mesh inserts paired with pink colour block platform shoes for the small family gathering; she had yet to find the right moment to tell Cristiano about the family secret but she knew she had to do it soon.

“You okay?” the footballer asked as he remembered how sick his girlfriend had felt that morning, she had dismissed it as stress since she had a lot on her mind right now.

Felisa nodded her head as she pressed a kiss to his lips, she smiled up at him as she spotted Hugo across the room watching them; she knew that she would have to find a way to tell her boyfriend what had transpired and she hoped that Hugo was prepared for what would happen next.

“I feel better,” Felisa admitted glad that her nausea had subsided, she had felt dreadful that morning and she knew that Cristiano had been worried after what had happened the day before; he was just glad she was okay now.

The couple smiled as Dolores walked passed them, the entire family had been shocked to hear that someone had broken into Cristiano’s home like that and they were sort of glad that no one had been hurt.

“I still need to talk to you about that thing,” Felisa said softly as she kissed his lips, she knew that she couldn’t hide this secret from him forever and she refused to do so.

Cristiano nodded his head as he wrapped his arms around her, he didn’t know what could be so important especially since she kept trying to tell him about it only for things to keep popping up and stopping her from telling him.

***

Hugo took a deep breath as he finally cornered his younger brother, he had done a lot of thinking since he had told Felisa about his affair with Luciana and he knew that the brunette was right; it was time for Cristiano to know the truth.

“Could I talk to you for a moment?” Hugo asked as he checked that no one was around, he needed to do this before he lost his nerve and he hoped that his brother could find it in his heart to forgive him for what he had done.

Cristiano jumped a little surprised that his older brother had managed to sneak up on him, he stared at him for a moment before he nodded his head; he didn’t know why Hugo looked so guilty.

“Sure what’s going on?” Cristiano asked as he watched his brother, he sat down on the ledge knowing that he could wait to get back to Felisa; he didn’t know why his girlfriend was being clingy but he knew he’s get to the bottom of it later on.

“I need to tell you… I’m so sorry,” Hugo said shaking his head, he felt horrible for what he had done and guilt was eating him up; he hadn’t even told his wife about the affair but he knew that he would tell her next, she deserved to know just as much as Cristiano did.

The footballer furrowed his brow wondering what his brother was apologising for, he didn’t know what Hugo could have done but he knew that he would always forgive him no matter what it was.

“It’s okay Hugh,” Cristiano said as he attempted to comfort his brother, who burst into tears making the footballer move closer to him; he was pushed back making him wondering what had brought this on.

Hugo took a deep breath as he prepared to tell his brother the truth, he knew that he had to be the one to do it before Luciana sunk her claws back into him.

“I’m the reason that you were dumped at the altar,” Hugo said softly making Cristiano look at him confused, he took a deep breath as he prepared to reveal just what had happened four years ago when Luciana had ended things with his brother.

The forward opened his mouth to protest that it wasn’t any of his brother’s fault, however the look of guilt on Hugo’s face stopped him.

“It started off as a drunk mistake… you’d both had some sort of fight and Luciana came to me,” Hugo said as he slowly opened up, he watched his brother as he explained what had occurred between him and Luciana; he knew that there was no way that the blonde would ever tell Cristiano that she had cheated on him.

Luciana wanted him to take her back and Hugo knew that he had to put an end to that notion especially since Cristiano now had Felisa; he was glad that his brother was happy again.

“We slept together and it was meant to only happen that one time… but we couldn’t stop, it was suddenly an affair,” Hugo said as he remembered how quickly things had spiralled when he had been with Luciana; looking back he couldn’t believe that he had been so stupid.

Cristiano stepped back away from his brother, he blinked as he tried to wrap his head around what he was being told; he couldn’t believe what he was hearing from Hugo.

“When she jilted you at the altar… we were meant to elope together, but I couldn’t do it because of Liliana’s health scare, it continued for another year before I broke things off,” Hugo said as he felt a weight lift from his shoulders, he looked at his brother who was staring at him in horror.

***

Felisa’s head snapped towards her boyfriend as he walked back into the dining room, she carefully got to her feet as she spotted the look on his face; she frowned wondered what had happened before a nervous looking Hugo appeared.

Cristiano’s eyes stayed looked at Felisa as he walked towards her, he couldn’t deal with what he had just been told right now and the silence of the room said it all for him right now.

“Caralho he told you,” Nuno said as he saw the look on Cristiano’s face, he swallowed as the footballer’s eyes snapped to him; he knew that there would be no explaining to Cristiano about what had happened.

The footballer stepped away from his cousin realising that he had been made a fool of and rushed over to Felisa; he allowed the brunette to wrap her arms around him as he buried head into her neck.

Felisa stared at Hugo as she comforted her boyfriend in silence, she knew that this wasn’t going to end well for anyone in the room; she wished that Hugo hadn’t told him while everyone had been gathered for a happy occasion.

Elma looked between her two brothers as she realised just like everyone else had that Cristiano knew about what had transpired, her brown eyes turned to glare at the only person that wanted Cristiano to know the truth.

“How could you tell him?” Elma spat as Felisa comforted her brother, the brunette felt Cristiano stiffen as he realised that the words were directed at his girlfriend; he stepped back from her as he stared at her in disbelief.

Felisa swallowed as she realised that she was now in as much trouble as everyone else, she glanced at Elma as her husband corrected her about how Cristiano had found out.

“You knew and didn’t tell me?” Cristiano whispered as he stared devastated at his girlfriend, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing; however he didn’t get to say more as the sound of someone clapping filled the room.