Only the beggining

Lauren's POV

My names Lauren yes but let's just get this over with. I hate my name I prefer crystal. I have always loved that name but it's not my true name.

It all started about two years ago when my best friend Cheyenne and me watched a zombie movie. I have a nickname for her well it's everyone's nickname for her Anne. so anyway we went into my room and made a plan if the zombie apocalypse ever did happen, ya know as a joke. well the plan was we would go to her grandfathers house and stay there.

Well it happened. My dad went with my mom to to go get food and...the next morning they never came back.me and my little brother who was 7 had been watching the news. what we saw was pure horror. people dead people things were eating the flesh and guts out of living people And animals. What was happening to the world, it was falling apart literally. I knew we had to leave. so I got my brother and I all geared up with boots and jackets and thick pants so if they did try to bight us it would be hard to get to the skin.

i got two small backpacks and filled them with two pairs of cloths for the both of us, water bottles, and weapons such as knives and two guns. hand guns were all we had cause where we lived there was a lot of crime. So I grabbed a few kitchen knives and I had to teach my brother how to defend himself so I made a practice dummy out of cloths and a basket ball. while I was getting the stuff to make it I found my baseball bat. I decided to take it. I told my brother to aim for the brain.he did perfect.

We had to leave. so I left a note on the fridge that said "mom dad we love you but we half to leave. I'm gonna make sure we're safe at Anne's grandfathers house. love, Lauren" so I grabbed the Keys to the other car and got in with my little bro, some food, the baseball bat, and a gun in my gun holder. we headed off to Anne's grandpas house his name was Hershel.

********************************** I need ideas for the little boys name. sorry that it's not the best but it's the best I got for right now. Rate, comment, like. thanks