Chapter 8 - Club, Circle, and Test

"Natsume." A brown-haired boy depressingly called Natsume that made Natsume looked at the boy. "Why is Taki-san and Suzuki-san not here with us?" He then asked.

After Nishimura asked that, the three persons he's with laughed.

"Why are you so depressed about it?" Kitamoto asked him.

"We can't do anything about that you know." Natsume replied.

"I think they are having a girl talk." Tanuma added.

"Why now?" Nishimura asked desperately asked again.

They laughed again as Natsume thought about something. Taki and Tanuma already know about Yui's ability because she told them. She didn't tell it to Sasada, Nishimura and Kitamoto because it now involves with Natsume.

As they heard the bell ring, they immediately left the rooftop and went to their own classes. When Natsume opened the door of his class, he saw three girls surrounding Yui who is currently sitting. One of them saw Natsume and whispered something to the other girls as they decide to leave.

"Why were they here, Suzuki-san?" Natsume asked as soon as he and Nishimura stood in front of Yui.

"Don't tell me they are bullying you, Suzuki-san?" Nishimura also asked.

"Don't worry Nishimura-san. They were just asking for me to join their club." Yui asked while wearing her fake smile. Of course, Nishimura didn't noticed it unlike how he knew about Natsume's. On the other hand, Natsume immediately noticed.

'Maybe I should ask her the truth later.' Natsume thought as he began to hope that nothing will happen to Yui.

***
As soon as class ended, Natsume decided to talk about what happened earlier to Yui. When he looked at her sit, he realized she's already gone.

"Woah. Where is Suzuki-san?" Nishimura asked him as Natsume clenches his fist.

"Nishimura, tell Tanuma and Kitamoto that I will be going first." Natsume stated and left.

"What happened now?" Nishimura asked himself as he decides to follow what Natsume asked him to do.

As he left the school building, Natsume saw Yui talking to the three girls from earlier at the gate.

"Suzuki-san!" He called her name that made all the girls turned to face him.

"Natsume-san, what are you doing here?"

"I should ask you the same question." Natsume replied to her as he reaches her. Because Natsume is not athletic, he felt tired but tried his best to regain his composure.

"Um, as you can see Natsume-san, I'm about to turn them down."

"I knew it!" Natsume exclaimed as he thought of something else. After few seconds, he realized he was wrong. "Wait, what?"

"We invited Suzuki-san to join our club, Natsume-san." One of the girls, with ponytail, stated as they all giggle at Natsume's reaction. He immediately blushed because of his mistake.

"What did you think we were doing to Suzuki-san?" Another girl, with long brown hair, with asked.

"I-i'm so sorry!" Natsume responded as he bows his head.

"It's okay, Natsume-san. We understood your point." The third girl with short black hair spoke to him. "Who on earth would leave their girlfriend on the hands of some strangers."

"W-we're just distant relatives."

"Oh, my mistake." The third girl giggled at Natsume's reaction. "But it is still the same right even as a relative?" She then asked that made Natsume nodded in reply.