A Rainbow Dream part 2

Anna’s favorite was spinning coffee cups to death. 

She’d get into a red cup, and spin it around to the limits of Kamamoto’s power. After getting off, the guys were all groggy, but on top of her expressionless face, even though it was extremely hard to tell, her eyes were gleaming in glee. 

Anna, who had only left the impression of being doll-like, was actually enjoying herself, it seemed. Even when riding the jet coaster, Anna didn’t move a single eyelash and only had her eyes blaze. After riding aggressive rides one after another until almost sunset, they had Anna who was tired from playing rest while Yata and Kamamoto went to buy juice. When they came back, she was sitting beside the fountain. Spreading out the sleeves of her frilly clothes, which used lots of blue cloth, she looked like a doll someone had left behind with her hands quietly in her lap. 

Totsuka, who was standing in front of Anna, wasn’t smiling for once, and seemed to be paying attention to something around them. 

"Totsuka-san?" When Yata said something to him, Totsuka looked like he was suddenly jolted out of his thoughts.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, sorry, thanks." Totsuka smiled and took the juice Yata handed him.

"Here ya go." Kamamoto gave Anna some blood orange juice. It’s orange juice with a color like tomato juice.

"Huh, what about Saruhiko?" Yata looked around, since he couldn’t see his friend.

"He wasn’t with you guys?"

Apparently, he had gotten away at some point. Yata clicked his tongue in exasperation.

"That guy, he went off on his own, didn’t he."

He had always worked at his own pace and didn’t try to match up with others ever since they had met, but it seemed like it had been getting worse recently.

"Yata and Saru-kun are also a strange combination, huh." Totsuka said this, smiling around his juice’s straw.

"Are we?"

"Yeah. The fact that you’re mismatched is the interesting part, though. You’ve been friends since middleschool, right?" 

Yata noisily sipped his cola while remembering the time around when he met Fushimi.

"Ah, yeah, I guess he wasn’t the type of person in my class I’d normally become friends with. But somehow… I guess you could say we both kinda felt irritated at nothing in particular, or felt frustrated…"

Remembering the melancholy that nothing could be done about from those days, yet not being able to explain it well, Yata suddenly raised his eyes while muttering. Totsuka had a soft expression on his face as he looked at Yata like he was watching over him.

At that expression of Totsuka’s, Yata somehow started feeling uncomfortable. 

When Totsuka was horsing around with them, he was weirdly childish, or just didn’t make them feel like there was an age gap, but sometimes he’d make a face that would made one think he were more of an adult than their real age gap. Yata had just a little bit of trouble dealing with Totsuka in those moments. 

"…what?" When he asked that with a petulant look, Totsuka went ‘hm?’ and tilted his head.

"You were making a weird face just now."

“‘Weird’, that’s mean… I just was wondering if you felt the same way now.”

Now? Yata tilted his head, then immediately shook it.