Chapter 2

"What'cha reading?" Nina asks me as she puts on her gold hoop earrings, gazing herself in the mirror. She really does look good.

"The Catcher in The Rye" I answer her and lift my book a little. She turns her head and nods just before grabbing a brush and blush and applying it on the apples of her pale cheeks covered in freckles. She had always said she hated her freckles but I think they're lovely. We all want what we can't have I suppose.

Nina is my roomate and best friend, thank god. I say that because I had no clue who I was going to be sharing a room with when I got here and I'm very picky with liking people, and I could have been stuck with an absolute cow, but she is just an absolute ray of sunshine. That, or a "friendly prostitute" as she once called herself as she talked about what she felt like shagging some boys she had shagged in the past.

"Seriously, sometimes, I question why I even revealed my nipples in the first place to some boys... I felt like a bloody friendly prostitute taking their virginity. I wouldn't be surprised if I even had taken a few virginities here and there. Maybe I really should become a friendly prostitute, that way, at least I'll get paid for bad sex"

Blondes really do have more fun. Sometimes, all you need is a bottle of wine and a friend to have a good night. But that isn't happening tonight. Nina is going with some Abercrombie and Fitch type of guy to some house party but I seriously cannot be arsed at all. I just want to stay inside for once and well, read. I actually quite like this book, and I really didn't expect to like it this much.

Suddenly, there's a loud knock at the door and it startles me, making me drop my book and lose the page I was on. Nina unlocks and opens it and Harry and Niall step inside in all their stupid glory. I pick up my book from the floor and try to find where I left off.

"Fucking hell guys, could you have possible knocked any louder? People are sleeping for god's sake" I complain as I my eyes scan for the page where Holden calls up Sally, calling her baby and what not.

"It's Saturday, nobody is sleeping right now Sof', everyone's out" says Niall. I look up at him and then back down at my book before shaking my head. "Where you goin' Nina?" he asks. He has a huge crush on her, you can tell.

"Oh, to Summer's house. She's having a party there" she responds as she applies her Ruby Red lipstick. I look up and see Harry leaning against the radiator, looking at me. He's smirking. Of course he is. As much as Nina and I share secrets, she has no idea about how I'm having sex with Harry. No one does. I give up searching for the page and dump the book at the end of my bed.

"Who?" Niall asks.

"You know, Summer. Blonde wavy hair, nose a little crooked, braces, nice blue eyes" she explains but he shakes his head. How do you not know who Summer Smith is?

"If you want I could drive you there anyway" he offers with a hint of a hopeful smile, but her eyes widen a little. Niall is so sweet, if only Nina would give him a chance. She actually thinks he's too nice. I've told her countless times she should ask him to go out because even she knows how much he likes her but she refuses to.

"I... er, I'm sorry Niall" she clears her throat "But er, I'm going with Jace to the party and he's picking me up" I know she does feel a little bad though. Disappointment covers the blonde boy's face immediately but he tries to mask it with a smile.

"Oh no, really. I was gonna... you know, go there anyway and... Not there to the party but I was gonna go out and..." he rubs the back of his neck. "Yeah...". You can feel the awkward inbetween them.

"But thank you anyway, really Niall" she puts her hand just below his shoulder "Would you like to walk out with me instead?"

"Yes!" he replies a little too enthusiastically. "I gotta go to a friend's party too so I have to leave now...too"