Ch. 18: Down the Rabbit Hole

Taekwoon

~the next weekend~

I decided to visit the holy grounds that I remembered from the past. My calves started to ache as I climbed up the mountain to the altar that according to the world wide web was still up and no one has touched it. Just as I rounded a corner, I saw something or someone run into the forest. Not entirely sure who it was, I gave chase.  

Running and weaving through, I managed to catch sight of the mysterious person again. He or she glances back at me and smirks before running even faster, and going through a bush. I ran through it too and quickly dug my feet in as there was a cliff on the other side. I glanced around trying to find him or her, but could not find him or her. 

Off to the side, there was a small opening. Suddenly, I got pushed from behind into said opening. 

"Fuck," I yelled as I seemed to have been falling for a long time. When I saw the light at the end of this, I braced myself for the impact. But, surprisingly, it did not come. Instead, I landed on a pile of grass and leaves. I quickly stood up and shook off the clinging plants. 

Right in front of me, there was an old man sitting in front of a fire. He didn't seem to notice me. I walked closer and tried to determine if this old man was a threat or not.

"Sit."

"Huh?"

"I may be old, but I still got it," he says in a deep tone that reminded me of a cave. I sat down across from him and took in his appearance. 

"You..."

"It has been a long time, Taekwoon ah," the old man says.

"Seunghyun hyung..."