ONE

This is how I imagine Jane's voice...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Jane's P.O.V

I look at my hands and I see white. Pure white. No color. Nothing.

I laid in my bed, in this crappy little motel, just staring at my hands. I couldn't fall asleep at all.

I almost feel stupid for going out this far. My fiance got upset at my leaving, and she hasn't called or responded to my texts at all.

She lost faith in me, I guess.

So not only am I heartbroken, but haunted.

It's times like these where I try to remember the good times. Those trips to the mall with Jess and Mary, those mornings I went out to get coffee with y/n...

Y/N.

That name.

It haunts me like a ghost. I left her behind for this new life I'm living. The life where I'm currently in a motel on the outskirts of a town, technically in the middle of nowhere, and I'm all alone, without anyone or anything to ease my pain.

Don't get me wrong, I am thick skinned and strong, but government experiments have feelings too, you know?

Then I see my phone vibrate and light up. It's a bright light, and it takes me a moment to adjust to the brightness. The alert shows that Mary finally sent me a message.

I unlock my phone, with bunches of butterflies in my stomach, and scroll to find the messages app. I tap on it and open Mary's conversation only to see this--

Mary: Goodbye, Jane.
            Goodbye forever.

This can't be... I swear if I lose her, then who will be taking care of Jess? Who will be there to console me, to reassure me...

To love me...?

Well, that's it. I officially have nobody in my corner.

I'm completely alone.

But even though it hurts, I guess it's better this way. No more enemies breaking in to take vengeance on me, nobody trying to hurt Mary or Jess to get back at me.

But I'm still anxious- is Mary gone already? Did she leave Jess behind? Knowing Mary, she probably is still at home, and set on taking care of her until I come home.

But when I do come home, she'll be as good as gone and it's only me to blame.

My thoughts were interrupted by a shriek coming from downstairs. I jumped out my window and landed like a cat. There, I see a woman backed into the corner of an alley

Now I didn't know who it was behind that man, but I know he had bad intentions.

I snuck up behind him as softly and swiftly as I could, until I was close enough to deliver a clean hook kick to the head. The man grunted and fell with a thud.

"He won't be getting up for a while," I said, looking down at that poor, pathetic criminal, smirking.

Then I turned my head to the victim- she had  (h/c) locks, (s/c) skin and was still shivering and scared right to the bone.

She then broke down in tears and I dashed to her side. I rubbed her back and whispered reassuring things to her.

"Shh, it'll be fine. He won't hurt you anymore." I whispered to the woman.

Once she dried up her face, I grabbed her arm and helped her up.

Her face was so beautiful, despite being riddled with tears.She had a baby face- her skin was clear and soft.

"What's your name?" I asked her, but it took her a moment to respond.

"(Y/n.) (Y/n) (L/n.) You?" She responded. I then thought for a moment... is this really her...? No... this can't be.

"Jane... The Killer... Pleased to meet you." I beamed, hoping she'd remember me, and if not, then I want to make a good first impression.

"Jane? Funny, I used to have a friend named Jane," she started.

"What happened...?" I asked her.

"Well, she finds her parents dead and the next second, she's off the radar. Haven't heard from her for years." She finished.

"Huh. That's a real shame. I'm sorry." I responded.

"Nah, don't be sorry. It's fine. I gotta say, you remind me of her. Just a little though." She said. Then I started feeling all warm inside, and the butterflies started tickling me again.

"So you need me to take you home, or... Maybe you could stay in my room for the night?" I offered, and she nodded in acceptance.

"That'd be so sweet of you, thanks." She said. I showed her inside and we went up to my room.