Chapter 23

Deja

Sleeping in that hospital pull out chair was no joke especially with Bright trying to lay in it with me. I thought it was sweet of him to stay up there with me, even going as far as paying the nurse to let him stay with me overnight.  Trying to be as quiet as I can I moved off him only for Bright to pull me back to him. I can't say I didn't love being wrapped in his arms but I was hot as fuck on this little chair.

"Where you going?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

"To pee and to get something to eat I haven't ate in a minute and I'm hungry as fuck. You want anything?" I asked still trying to slip away.

"Nah I don't eat hospital food but I can go for some apple juice." He said with his arms still wrapped around me. Nodding I tried to get up again only for him to stop me, pulling me back to him.

"How you feelin? You alright?" he asked finally opening his eyes, that I was caught in, he was really fine as hell. Licking his lips he waited for an answer.

"I'm as ok as I can be. I just hope they can get that bullet out and my mom wake up herself." I said looking over at my mom.

"Hopefully so but what if-.."

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it" I said not wanting to even think about it.

"Are you gone let me up now or do I have to pee on you" I asked wiggling in his arms.

That made Bright let me go, snickering I got up stretching before going to the bathroom. After handling my business I washed my hands before leaving out.

"You sure you don't want nothing else" I asked again cause I wasn't sharing my food once it was all said and done.

"Yea I'm good" he said closing his eyes.

"Ok I'll be right back." I said walking out the room.

I really wanted to kiss his lips but now was no the time to start something I couldn't finish. Making my way to the cafeteria I stood in line to order. Feeling somebody close behind me I turned around to cuss whoever out for being in my personal space only to see my dad, my real dad. Rolling my eyes I gave him my back as I turned back around and ordered me something to eat and Bright apple juice.

I ignored him the whole time, I didn't have anything to say to him he had plenty of times to spend time with me and he didn't now I didn't have no time for him. He literally been there the whole time but he really wasn't there like he should've been like he could've been if he would've manned up. After getting my food I turned to leave only to have him block me.

"I know you upset but please let me explain myself. Just five minutes of yo time that's it" he practically begged.

Thinking about what Yana said all night I did want to hear him out, at no time did I plan on making it easy for him though. With a huff I turned and found a table near a window before sitting down.

"Five minutes" I said looking at him with cold eyes.

"I know you hurt by what I did or should I say what I didn't do. At the time when I found out you was mines I was with yo brothers mom and yo mom was still with Deon and we didn't want to interrupt our lives like that even tho I never stopped seeing yo mother." He paused.

"Then me and Jayla went our separate ways after she found out about ya mother then she put two and two together. No matter how many times I tried to deny it I couldn't you look just like me. You look more like me than my sons." He paused looking over her whole face.

"After that I wanted to be more in yo life but yo mother wasnt with it she didn't want to break her family up which I respected because she was with him before me. I know that's not an excuse but it's the reason why I wasnt there like I should've been. I love ya mom to death and would do anything for her including not being in my only daughters life. Which I shouldn't have. I should've put you before anything, just Like I was with my other kids." He said exhaling.

"Looking back now I can see how dumb it was. How wrong I was for going along with it, love will make you do the dumbest things. That's no excuse but that's what it was. All I can ask is for you to give me a chance" he said reaching for my hand. Snatching away I shook my head.

"Really that's why? To please a women? You left me to be raised by a man who knew I wasn't his and treated me like I wasn't his and the whole time you was there. Denying me" I said shaking my head.

"Then you did it for somebody who wasn't worth it. Don't get me wrong I love my mom to death but she was wrong as fuck. She fucked her husband best friend no matter how hurt she was about what he was doing she could've left instead she got back at him and guess who suffered because of it? Not you, not her, me I did now you expect me to what? Be ok and move on? It's clear I wasn't worth it to you to try back then then don't even try now." I said standing up, getting pissed just that fast. That was his big reason, not wanting my mother to be unhappy.

"Deja wait You was worth it I just I-.." he tried to explain but I didn't want to hear none of that shit.

"What? You what? Loved my mother so much you allowed her to keep you out my life so she could be with the next man? A man that she clearly didn't love if she was still messing with you? That's what kills me the most y'all been together this whole time and not once did you try to see me or even tell me you my dad. I just can't with you right now." I said walking away

I didn't have anymore words for him. I was so mad I left Bright apple juice. I couldn't believe he was just trying walk in my life like everything was okay and the most fucked up part about it was the question of if my mother wasn't shot would he even put forth the effort or would he had kept living life like he was?

Shaking it off as I waited for the elevator hearing over the loudspeaker that a code blue was happening. I was so mad I didn't pay it any attention, fuck him I don't need him I thought as I got on the elevator. I couldn't wait until my mom woke up cause I had a few choice words for her because ultimately it boils down to her and her selfishness.

Not to mention all the shit she let Deon do and say to me knowing full and well he wasn't my father and that my real father would've put him in his place. That I knew for a fact. Growing up Uncle Moe was the man and my dad his right hand. What he said was law yet they both allowed me to be mentally tortured. Getting back to the room I found it empty. Panicking I ran back out to the nurse station before I could open my mouth Bright came out of no where.

"Where's my mom?" I asked

"Deja-.." he started but paused.

"Where she at? Excuse me but where is The patient that was in room 313?" I asked a nurse at the station.

"Deja"

"Hold on Bright-.." I said cause I was ready to cuss this bitch out. I'm asking her something and she just looking dumb.

"Deja" he said raising his voice grabbing me, he turned me to him getting my full attention.

"They took her into surgery when you left, she had some internal bleeding. She went into shock and starting having seizures. She flatlined twice before they was able to stabilize her enough to go into surgery. I've been waiting for the doctor to come tell me something." He said hugging me.

"But I was only gone for like 20 minutes how can all that happen in 20 minutes?" I asked as tears ran down my face. All my anger leaving me being replaced with worry..