Chapter 1

DAMION'S POV ^^^

Screams......... That's all I could hear. I look around but all I see is black. The screaming gets louder and closer..... Where is that coming from..... Make it stop....MAKE IT STOP!!!! STOPPP!!!!!??

I sit up covered in sweat on my bed. My room is trashed, my black bed sheets are on the floor, and my door is wide open. I could have sworn I shut th-

Aaaaaaa!!!!!

What the hell!!!! I jump out of bed and through open my black curtains. Yes okay fine. I like black! Big deal. I look out the window and people are running all over the place. Loading up there cars with whatever they could find. I hear a crash. Down the road the convince stores windows just got smashed in and people are grabbing whatever they can. I'm frozen in place. What is going on with everybody? Where are my parents? *Snort* Not that I care about them or anything. I just need to know so I can avoid them the best I can.

THUMP!
THUMP!
THUMP!

Someone's coming up the stairs. I go back to my bed and grab my baseball bat that's beside it. I face the door getting ready to swing when----
"Dude!! You still up he- woah!! Watch it with that thing! Your gonna hurt someone!" I give a sigh in releif. It's just Connor.
With my white hair, blue eyes,and small 6 ft frame I always got picked on for looking like a girl. The football team loved being able to use me as the punching bag. Of course me being gay only added to it. The day I figured that out and told my parents is the day that they started beating me. It also happens to be the day when Connor moved next door. We went to the same High School and he helped me out of a bad situations and we just got close as the years went on. Now were in college and still good friends.
Connor is a 6ft 3in wall of muscle. With his dashing Brown hair and daziling blue eyes he's all ways been popular with the ladies. I still wonder to this day why he hangs out with a nerd like me but hey. I'm not complaining. In fact if it weren't for the fact that every time someone asks if we're dating and he immediately says no way, he's just into girls, then I wouldn't mind a piece of him. Yes. Okay. I may have developed feelings for my best friend but I keep them hidden very well!
"What is going on outside!??" I ask putting the bat down on the bed."
"You didn't hear? Don't tell me you've been asleep this whole time! I swear. And where are Mr. and Mrs. Gray? Why do you even have a TV if your not going to watch anything." He says in exasperation. Your probably wondering and to answer your question no. He doesn't know about the beatings. I wear long sleeve shirts or sweatshirts and jeans all the time to hide everything. He doesn't push me to get in the pool or anything if I don't want to so I never take them off around anybody. Like now it's the middle of spring in NC and I'm wearing pajama pants and an old long sleeve.
"No. I didn't hear anything. And how long I sleep is none of your concern. I have no clue where my parents are." I walk over and turn on the TV to the news.
"That's not like them to just up and leave. There so caring to you. Why would they do such a thing?" Oh I don't know. Maybe it has one thing to do with the fact that their the exact opposite of who you think they are! I just roll my eyes and focus on the news.

BREAKING NEWS!!
" We come to you today to inform you of this terrible day that I have no question will go down in history." " That's right Brett. Today is the day that we all thought was just a joke! A Tale! A nightmare! A-" " We get the point Mary. Anyway it was released today that a chemical compound that had seeped into the ground from a top secret lab in Maine contaminated water and now has turn people into real Zombies! That's right folks! ZOMBIES! This is no joke. Without the proper protocol the government is trying to contain the situation but the problem is rapidly growing! With just a simple bite, someone with this disease can turn you into one of them. It starts out the same as any other common cold with some sneezing. The becomes a high temp fever. And last you get incredible pain spasms that eventually stop your heart allowing you to become one of the walking dead. Now the contamination of the US is growing at a rapidly rate and has all ready reached the borders of New York, continuing to spread outward in only 2 days. Government Forces are asking that you stay calm and evacuate the areas around."
Blimp!

I shut it off and just stand there in shock. How can this be happening? Will they be able to stop it before it getting to the whole US? Am I going to be turned into a Zombie? O GOD! I'm too young to die! I'm still a virgin! There are so many things I still want to do.
"What do we do Connor?"I look at him to find him still staring at the screen in horror. "Connor? What's wrong? Are you okay?" I stand in front of him and grab his shoulders. He mumbled something but I don't catch it.
"What? I didn't hear you. Speak up. What's wrong?!" He looks down at me with tears in his eyes.
"My parents...."
" What? What about them? Are they okay?"
"They went to visit my aunt... In...." I slowly shake my head. I swallow the lump in my throat.
"Where Connor?! Anwser me!"
"In... Pennsylvania...." My face goes as white as Ash as Connor crumbles to the ground in sobs.
Aww Crap.....

Author's Note

Don't for get!

LIKE!

FOLLOW!

COMMENT!