Chapter One: It Begins

"Use the boy... Use the boy..."

Quirrell rounded on Harry.

"Yes - Potter - come here."

He clapped his hands once, and the ropes binding Harry fell off.

Harry got slowly to his feet.

"Come here," Quirrell repeated. "Look in the mirror and tell me what you see."

Harry walked toward him.

Quirrell moved close behind him. Harry breathed in the funny smell that seemed to come from Quirrell's turban.

He closed his eyes, stepped in front of the mirror, and opened them again.

He saw his reflection, pale and scared-looking at first. But a moment later, the reflection smiled at him. It put its hand into its pocket and pulled out a blood-red stone. It winked and put the Stone back in its pocket - and as it did so, Harry felt something massive drop into his real pocket. Somehow - incredibly - he'd gotten the Stone.

"Well? What do you see?"

"Why do you want the stone, Professor Quirrell?"

Quirrell squinted at the sudden change of tone in the child's voice.

"What are you playing at, Potter?"

"Nothing Professor, but I'd like to make a deal. Plus, I'd like to know what you are going to use the stone for if I'm to give it to you."

He stared open-mouthed at this too small child that acted too old. Whatever happened to cause this?

"Let me speak to him... face-to-face..."

"Master, you are not strong enough!"

"I have strength enough... for this..."

Harry watched as Quirrell reached up and began to unwrap his turban. The turban fell away, and he turned around. On the back of his head was another face.

"Harry Potter...Do you know who I am..."

"Probably Lord Voldemort, the Dark Lord."

It was so casually stated that it caught Voldemort off guard. How could he be so calm?

"I need the stone...to return my body..."

"And what of your Horcrux? I am only assuming you used a Horcrux because you are still alive after the rebounded killing curse."

"My...how intelligent...far too intelligent...for a mere Gryffindor..."

"I'm not a Gryffindor. Not after what the hat said to me. Fergus told me that Dumbledore tried to rig it so I'd go to Gryffindor even if I am a Slytherin."

"What do you want...in exchange...for the stone..."

"I want a safe house for my friends and me, as well as inheritance tests for us all."

"Deal"

And they shook and parted ways.

(Time Skip)

Voldemort patiently waited for his guests at Riddle Manor. He had repaired it as his headquarters and Harry's safehouse. He also had papers and knives prepared for the inheritance tests.

He heard a knock on the door and waited for his house elf to bring the guests into the parlour.

Harry walked in with William, Charles, Percy, George, Frederick, and Ronald Weasley. Following them was Neville Longbottom and Hermione Granger.

Harry bowed, "Thank you, Lord Voldemort."

"It is nothing, you have aided me, I am merely returning the favour. You have intrigued me."

Harry nodded.

"Now, why don't you all take your inheritance tests."

They all added seven drops of blood to their papers and waited.

Birth Name: Hydrus Cepheus Riddle
Adopted Name: Harry James Potter
Birthday: 15 October 1979 (31/07/80)
Mother: Euphemia Marie Riddle neé Potter
Father: Thomas Marvalo Riddle
Adopted Mother: Lillian Elizabeth Potter neé Evens
Adopted Father: James Charles Potter
Godparents:
- Lucius Abraxus Malfoy
- Severus Tobias Snape
- Sirius Orion Black
Heir:
- Ascania
- Black
- Bourbon
- Drakul
- Emrys
- Evens
- Gaunt
- Gryffindor
- Hufflepuff
- LeFey
- Pendragon
- Peverell
- Potter
- Ravenclaw
- Riddle
- Romanov
- Selwyn
- Slytherin

Harry just gawked at his results, or is he Hydrus? He looked at Voldemort to ask his opinion, but the man was crying and looked shocked. They looked at Hermione's because she gasped.

Birth Name: Aquila Cassiopeia Riddle
Adopted Name: Hermione Jean Granger
Birthday: 15 October 1979 (19/09/79)
Mother: Euphemia Marie Riddle neé Potter
Father: Thomas Marvalo Riddle
Adopted Mother: Jean Granger neé Bates
Adopted Father: Dan Granger
Godparents:
- Narcissa Rose Malfoy neé Black
- Andromeda Irma Tonks neé Black
- Bellatrix Druella Lestrange neé Black
Heir:
- Ascania
- Bates
- Black
- Bourbon
- Drakul
- Emrys
- Gaunt
- Granger
- Gryffindor
- Hufflepuff
- LeFey
- Pendragon
- Peverell
- Potter
- Ravenclaw
- Riddle
- Romanov
- Selwyn
- Slytherin

Harry didn't understand why Voldemort was crying, but he didn't want to ask. Maybe he knew their parents. Hermione was his twin.

"Did you know our parents?"

This statement snapped the Dark Lord out of his shock, and he immediately embraced Harry and Hermione.

"My real name is Tom Marvalo Riddle, and I thought you two were dead. I didn't know what to do when I lost you. The house was destroyed and no one found any sign that you were still alive."