Chapter Six: The Horcruxes

A few weeks later, Hydrus and Aquila were sitting in their father's study.

The study had warm browns and floor to ceiling bookshelves. The desk was made of polished oak, and the chairs had the softest of satin for cushions.

Tom sat behind his desk with his fingers steepled.

"We need to collect my Horcruxes so I can become whole again. They are as follows: My Old School Diary with 1/2, The Gaunt Ring with 1/4, Slytherin's Locket with 1/8, Hufflepuff's Cup with 1/16, and Ravenclaw's Diadem with 1/32. My diary should have been with Lucius, but someone stole it when he was bringing it here. As such, Lucius is on bed rest to recover from the attack. We will deal with this after the rest have been retrieved." Tom stands up and moves around the desk to his children. "Now, we are going to apperate to Little Hagleton and go retrieved the Gaunt Ring."

Hydrus grabs Tom's right hand, while Aquila grabs his left hand. Then they apperate.

Once at the Gaunt's shack, Tom tells his children to wait outside and stand guard while he disables the security and retrieves the ring.

Once Tom has the ring he closes his hands over it and says, "quae semel amissa fuit ad se trahunt animae."

There is a bright light, and Tom has regained 1/4 of his soul. He slips the ring on his left middle finger and walks back to his children.

"Father, are we going to retrieve the locket now?" Aquila asks unsurely.

"No. Now we are going to get Bellatrix and you three are going to get the cup while I get the locket. It's too dangerous for you children," Tom smiles at his heirs.

(Time Skip & With Bellatrix, Hydrus and Aquila)

The three walk up the steps of Gringotts, nodding in greeting to the guards. There is only one teller open, so they walk up to the teller.

"Greetings master goblin. I am Bellatrix Lestrange And I'd like to access my vault with my key."

"Very well. Follow Swordslay please."

Swordslay walked up to them to lead them to the cart.

"Greetings master Swordslay. May your gold flow."

"And may your enemies cower, Lady Lestrange."

After the nauseating ride down to the Ancient and Noble family vaults, Bellatrix went into her vault for a few minutes before coming back out with the cup.

"Okay. I have the cup, let's get going."

(Time Skip)

Bellatrix, Hydrus and Aquila walked into Tom's office and handed him the cup.

"quae semel amissa fuit ad se trahunt animae."

When the light cleared, Tom was up 1/8 and 1/16 of his soul.

"I had to get Sirius to call Kreacher because Regulus uncharacteristically stole my locket. I cannot help but think Dumbledore had something to do with his disappearance," Tom stated in a calculated manner.

Hydrus hesitated for a minute, "Are we going to tell Severus?"

Considering this Tom said, "Not yet. I think we should find more out before we tell him. Plus, listen to what Regulus noted in his message:

To the Dark Lord
I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more.
R.A.B."

"But none of us in the inner circle call you the Dark Lord," Bellatrix gasped out.

"Exactly. And Regulus' body was not anywhere near the basin. He could be still alive."

They considered this for a few minutes, but more information is needed.

"Anyways, I need you two to collect the diadem for me. It's in the Room of Requirements on the seventh floor by that dreadful tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy. You need to walk by three times thinking that you need a place to hide something. Once inside, search for my magic, and it should be in a black case. I'll reabsorb it in the Chamber of Secrets since I can apperate directly there. We'll meet after curfew on the 3rd. Now go play with your friends." Tom smiled down at his children.