Chapter 3

Forth walked into his office and slumped himself on the chair. He rested his head on the headrest - staring blankly at the ceiling. He was a man who always had a plan whenever he acted. However, Beam Baramee had crushed that side of him. He just met Beam twice but he had already made Forth acted spontaneously every time they met. The first time was during their one night stand. He had made Forth pushed aside his principle of not sleeping with random guy. The second time, he had made Forth acted on his instinct by deciding to stay with him. By logic, he should think about it carefully before making a decision but he had thrown his rational thinking away when he saw all the 'junk' that Beam had brought back home. Forth massaged his temple. He would never think that a man could have a massive effect on him like that.

"So? How's it going?" Phana asked from his doorframe.

Forth opened his eyes and motioned for Phana to come inside. He needed someone to hear his stories. He spilled everything to Phana - something that he never did despite many years of being friend with him.

"You're going to stay with Ai'Beam?"

Forth nodded and let out a sigh. "I have this weird feeling that he doesn't really know how to take care of himself and it might affect the baby"

Phana nodded thoughtfully. "He's a man who only thinks about his work. The first time he was brought here, Kit told me that he found him in his lab - passed out. Someone needs to be with him all the time. I guess staying with him is a good thing to do"

"I'll be keeping his file with me. Is there anything else that I need to know about his condition?"

Phana grinned and shook his head.

"Everything is in the file. I know that you'll take a great care of him but remember to bring him here for a monthly check up"

"I guess I'll leave this clinic in your hand?"

"Don't worry. Krist will help too!"

**************************************

Beam was shocked to see Phana got out from the car with Forth. Now he knew how Forth knew about him. Both men walked towards him - smiling. Phana greeted him cheerfully and it was hard not to flash a smile back at the wide smile that Phana gave to him.

"I'm sure you've met my best friend, " Forth said drily. Beam was shocked but immediately harnessing his expression. That's why he sounded so confident yesterday, he thought. Forth Jaturaphom was a doctor too.

"I thought a patient's information should be kept a secret"

"It depends on the matter itself, Ai'Beam. I can't just close one eye when I knew about it. I believe that my friend needs to know about his child too"

"I believe that you've already prepared a room for me?" Forth asked as if he didn't hear the question that Beam had just shot at Phana. Beam huffed as he led the two men into the house and led the way to the room. Phana and Forth then went and brought all of Forth's things into the room while Beam went to the kitchen and made tea. He didn't want to be rude to his guest - Dr. Phana.  The intruder could make a tea for himself; he huffed as he went to the living room with the tea.

Beam put the tea on the coffee table. Forth glanced at the number of cup while Beam just pretended that there's nothing weird and invited Phana to drink.

"I hope you ate your breakfast properly this morning" Forth said out of the blue.

"Don't worry. I know how to take care of myself"

"Good. Just want to make sure that you didn't eat any of the junk -"

"Junk? It's food! How can you say that? It's insulting the food!" Beam burst out in anger. Phana was startled with the sudden outburst.