Chapter#7 Unwanted Departure (Pt.2)

Second Person Pov

Following your sweet scent, Sesshomaru wondered into the woods in search of you. He had no idea why he was bothering to go after you when he knew you were with his younger brother Inuyasha.

Just the thought irked him down to his very core. He hated the idea but couldn't explain why.

Willingly striving forward, Sesshomaru made it to the sacred well, witnessing you sitting on the edge with tears in your eyes.

You cried all alone, feeling the weight of regret. Little did you know that the one you wanted to see most came for you.

"Mayumi."

The sound of Sesshomaru's deep, yet soothing voice penetrated your ears.

"Sesshomaru...?"

Gazing up at him, you made an even sadder expression which tugged at his heartstrings. He wasn't sure as to what he should do, so he spoke.

"Why do you look at me in such a way?"

You remained silent, trying your best to hold back the tears that have now turned into joy.

Sesshomaru curiously stared into your eyes trying to understand you but it was no use. His innocent action made you blush enough for him to notice, ultimately forcing him to look away shyly, even though he would never admit to such a thing.

"Sesshomaru...why are you here? I thought you told me to go home..."

The wind blew over the grass gently, making not only your hair but also Sesshomaru's hair sway. The sun shined through the trees and the birds chirped playfully as you waited for your Lord to give you some sort of response.

"I don't know."

Sesshomaru bluntly stated. It was the truth. He had no idea why he was here. It was almost like he was compelled to follow you.

"Sesshomaru, please, I beg of you. I don't want to go home. I want to stay in the feudal era with you...-I mean to serve you! You did save my life after all. I am indebted to you."

Warmth filled his cold, unresponsive heart. This strange sensation forced him to wipe the tears from your cheeks with his long slender finger.

Bringing the single tear to his lips he tasted it. Your cheeks burned in embarrassment. You now wondered what your Lord thought of you.

"Does that gesture mean I can stay?"

You said nervously.

Sesshomaru's golden eyes went from the finger he brought to his lips to your hopeful expression.

He knew he should have not come here and he should force you to leave but what he wanted and what he knew was right were two different things.

"Why do you desire to follow me? You have a place where you belong."

You smiled at his neutral expression.

"Home is where the heart is and my heart desires to stay here."

Sesshomaru pondered your way of thinking. It was almost childlike, which caused a small smile to appear on his lips.

"If that is what you wish then so be it."

Sesshomaru turned to head back but felt your hand grasp his as your fingers intertwined together.

He had never done such a thing before. It was a new experience he actually enjoyed.

Bringing both your hand and his up to his lips, Sesshomaru placed a light kiss on your hand. Your eyes widened but the sounds of bushes rustling distracted you.

"What was that? Is there a demon here!?"

You said fearfully getting closer to Sesshomaru. He only scoffed.

"No, only prying simpletons..."

Picking you up bridal style, Sesshomaru leaped through the trees with an irritated expression.

"Sesshomaru, thank you for coming back for me. I don't know what I would have done if I never saw you again."

Sesshomaru's arms held you tighter but his grasp still was very gentle as if he was holding something precious or dear to him.

Time Skip

"I can't believe it!" (Kagome)

"See, I told you something is going on between those two!" (Inuyasha)

"It's true Kagome! Now you have seen it for yourself!" (Shippo)

"Sesshomaru has taken the sweet Mayumi away to have her all to himself. Why must the world be so cruel to this young monk?" *Sigh* (Miroku)

*Eyeroll* "Sesshomaru knew we were watching. What shall we do Inuyasha?"

Sango said standing up from the bushes, while holding Kilala in her hands.

Inuyasha also stood up while the rest followed.

"What do you think Kagome? I mean, it does seem like Sesshomaru likes her. Why not wait and see how things play out?"

Kagome sighed.

"It's not that easy you guys..."

Sango rested her hand on Kagome's shoulder.

"Is there something more to this story Kagome? Does it have something to do with your cousins life back home in your time?"

Kagome gave a worried smile.

"Yeah but it's none of my business. Mayumi is old enough to make her own decisions. I just hope she doesn't regret abandoning her life back home."

Shippo hoped into Kagome's arms. "Do tell us."

Inuyasha pinched Shippo's cheek. "Mind your own bees wax! Can't you hear!? It's none of our business!"

"Waaaaaah! Kagome do something!" (Shippo)

"SIT!"

End of Chapter #7