5

The next day

PAIGE POV

The date with Jah'mir went pretty well than I expected. I wasn't too nervous. He paid for both of our food. I wasn't too comfortable about it at first because I didn't like people doing anything for me, but Jah'mir persisted.

We was talking about what we planned on doing after high school. He said he wanted to go to an HBCU college and study business, I told him I wanted to go to school for Law.

My future colleges was either UCLA, Howard, or Morgan State.

Other HBCU's was on my mind but those was the main colleges I was trying my hardest to reach for.

As the school year was ending, I got mostly A's and B's in almost all my classes.

My gpa was high enough, and I was on honor roll.

Jah'mir was in honor roll as well.

We was also chatting about our relationship preferences, where we both came from, the kids at Richmond and etc.

Right now, I was at Shay house in her room chilling with her.

I just got to her house and she was already bombarding me with mad questions about the date with Jah'mir. She was getting annoying as hell but I most definitely was gonna spill the details to my best friend.

"He don't got a girlfriend right?." Shay said.

I shook my head.

"Nah. He was telling me he wasn't in no relationship or nothing. He said his last relationship was about a year ago or something."

Shay scoffed and shook her head.

I looked at her and frowned.

"Damn. He must be fooling around with bitches then. Don't forget he still a street nigga Pay."

I chuckled.

Shay wasn't making no type of sense. Just because the dude wasn't in a relationship for a year didn't mean he had to be necessarily hoeing around.

"Why you say that? That don't mean nothing."

Shay looked over at me.

"See, here you go being naive. I'm not saying to not talk to him I'm just saying watch out. That's all."

I sucked my teeth.

"We not even together though. It was just a date."

Shay laughed as she stood up and brushed her long hair in the mirror on her dresser. I was still sitting at the edge of her bed.

"Sis....that don't matter. Y'all still talking. You don't wanna be talking to him while he out here entertaining other bitches. You gonna look dumb out here."

I sighed.

"And ain't no nigga out here gonna have my best friend out here looking dumb."

Before I could say something back, Shay bedroom door opened.

It was Shay mother, Denise.

She looked so beautiful.

She had her brown hair down to her shoulders. She was wearing some shorts that went up to her knees. The shorts was hugging her legs and hips really nicely. She also had on a light pink blouse with an Louis Vuitton purse in her hand.

Me and Shay quickly turned around and seen that it was Denise.

She walked in the room.

She smelt really good. She smelt like Caress soap mixed with Tahiti Island Dream perfume from Bath and Body Works.