prologue

This idea kind of popped in to my head last night and I just thought why not? Please let me know what you think! (This story will be mainly in Luke's POV)

I was walking back to my apartment after a long day at work. I worked at the local music shop down the road, the hours were long and not too much happened during the day but it payed good. I shrugged my jacket closer to my body feeling the cold wind nipping at my skin. It was the middle of October and was starting to get really cold out and I wasn't liking it too much.

I finally arrived back to my apartment feeling the warm air from the heater hit me as I walked in. I tossed my jacket on the couch and was greeted by the sight of my mom making dinner? "Um hello mom?" I looked at her, confused as to why she was even here. "Oh hi hunny! I decided to stop by and make dinner, I thought you could use a good home cooked meal" she said putting some pasta in to a pot. "Hi son" My dad walked in and patted my back, we haven't had the closest relationship since I came out but I was thankful he was even speaking to me. "Hi dad how's the business?" I asked, my dad owned a local doctor's office and his plan was for me to work there with him but it isn't really my thing, that's another reason why we're not close. "It's great, would be better if you were there running it with me" he patted my shoulder and I rolled my eyes walking over to the counter and grabbing one of the cookies my mom made "No Lucas those are for after dinner" she smacked my hand causing me to drop the cookie. I gave her a puppy dog face and she finally caved "alright just one, eat your cookie and wash up for dinner" I smiled grabbing the cookie and taking a bite "your cookies are the best" I mumbled.

It was finally dinner time and I was grateful my mom came over because frankly I was starving. The whole meal was spent making small talk as we each enjoyed our food. "Just tell me son, why don't you want to join me in the family business?" My dad asked, I stopped eating and looked at him "I've told you this a million times dad I'm just not interested" I glared "but it would be such a great career for you, better than that shitty job at the music store you have" I slammed my fist on the table and looked up "I told you, I'm not interested" I hissed. "No need to get rude son" He said glancing at my mom who just gave me a sympathetic look. I remained silent for the rest of dinner until the doorbell rang. "I'll get it" my mom said standing up from the meal. When she opened the door two large men stood there in all white uniforms. "We're here for Luke Hemmings" They said in a serious tone "may I ask what for?" My mother politely replied. "Ma'am Luke Hemmings is being taken away for the murder of multiple people" They said and I froze. I didn't do anything why were they wanting me?? "I didn't kill anyone!" I stood up and exclaimed. They looked at me and nodded walking over and each grabbing one of my arms "I didn't kill anyone! no stop! What are you doing!" I shouted struggling to break from their grip. "We have your prints from each of the murder sites sir there's no way out of this we're taking you to Blackwood Mental Institution" They gripped my arms tighter "I'm being set up! NO this isn't real I don't belong in an asylum! Mom help me!" I screamed tears began rushing down my face "please let him go he didn't murder anyone he's innocent!" My mother began shouting. I was still trying to pull myself out of the men's grips but it obviously wasn't working well. "It's too late for begging" One of the men said pulling me out the door leaving behind my shocked looking parents. I didn't know what to do, I didn't belong in a mental institution, I didn't murder anybody, why was this happening to me?!" Everyone from my apartment complex was watching with disgusted looks on their faces as I was pulled down the stairs and thrown in to the back of an all white car. "I DIDN'T MURDER ANYONE!" I screamed one last time before one of the men slipped a pair of cuffs on me before slamming the door. I looked out the window tears flooding my vision when my mother began running towards the car "please no! don't take my baby away! He didn't do anything Not my baby! Please! she shouted as the car pulled off, the last thing I saw was her falling to her knee's sobbing as my father embraced her.

I was stuck in the back of the car for what felt like hours. The whole time I didn't once glance away from the window. I was too in shock. What would everyone think of me now?

We finally pulled up to what looked like a large hospital but fancier, the building was made of bricks and looked kind of like an old chapel, but of course this wasn't a chapel, it was a place filled with people who were considered insane. There was hardly anyone outside the front of the building except for a few serious looking doctors, who i'm guessing were waiting for my arrival. The car stopped and the two men stepped out and opened the door for me yanking me out of the seat by my arm "let's go."

"Well kid" the worker shoved me through the front entrance with doctor's trailing behind

"welcome to Blackwood."

AHHHH what do you guys think??? is this a good enough idea to continue?? sorry it's short. PLEASE comment and vote to let me know so I can move on to making the first chapter :D ily!