Chapter 4: Running

Guys.....If you seriously like to read my stories review on this. The only comments are from ME. I need the support here.....

SOPHIE'S POV

__________(1st Person)____

Move.

That's all my mind told me to do.

Run.

I pumped my tiny yet long legs as fast as they could go as I ran along the streets of Indiana, bumping into people in my rush.

I hated Ms. Emrick.

I hated my real daddy.

I hated my real mommy.

I hated everything.

Everything but myself and Mr. Wiggles.

He was all I had now. But we're going to talk about him later. Right now we're talking about me.

My lungs felt as if they were on fire as my breath turned heavy and hard from running for a long time. I don't know how long I had run, but I knew that it was the most I've ever ran in my seven and a half years of life.

Even then I didn't stop running. I was going nowhere; Just running, not even stopping to say sorry whenever I bumped into people. I just wanted to get away.

I may have been overreacting, but I was seven. I took family very seriously. Ms. Emrick took it too far by keeping me there when I should've been with a family I could call my own.

I kept moving, scared and shocked and very angry.

Scared of being caught,

Shocked that I was actually doing this.

Angry that Ms. Emrick would keep me at that stupid Center even if her intentions weren't bad.

I was also angry at the other people in my life, but I pushed them to the back of my mind as I let my emotions fuel my adrenaline, giving me the ability to run faster.

Then I slowed myself to a stop for I could run no longer. As I frantically looked around to see just random people walking around, some giving me weird looks but letting it be and going on about their business, I also realized I had run far from the Adoption Center, which I was relieved of. No way was I going back to that place! 

I bent down and put my hands on my kneecaps, looking around to see where I was.

I realized I was in the actual town of Indiana, a small town with small buildings everywhere with small people. It made me laugh on the inside because Indiana was a...industry of some kind? Yet it seemed so small.

Darn it, I thought , I should've paid more attention in class! (I was taught by a mentor in the Center.)

Once I knew i was safe for the moment, I walked along the sidewalk so I wouldn't get run over by the few cars that zoomed by. It was a Tuesday, and not many people drove on Tuesdays. That much I know...and I needed to catch my breath. My blood was pounding in my ears!

"Are you feeling okay, Sophie?"  I heard Mr. Wiggles ask as I sputtered for air.

I was actually okay and not okay at the same time; Okay that I was out of the Center, Not okay that I felt pretty shaky and achy and my heart wouldn't stop pounding.

I readjusted him in my arms and squeezed him around the middle, walking down the sidewalk at a fast pace. "As...As long as I have y-you, I'm okay..." I stuttered, still a little out of breath.