Chapter 10

ZAYNS POV

A few days had passed, and I couldn't stop thinking about Layla and how exhilarating it felt to have her lips glued to mine.

But I had other things to worry about, such as the lingering revenge I was planning for my dear father.

I couldn't stand that bastard. He was the definition of a self-obsessed, careless man, who couldn't give less of a shit for his only son. His only family.

I allowed the nicotine's smoke to travel through my nose and down to my lungs, where I felt the tissue darken with every repetition.

The smoke matted the solid gold table I had thrown my feet over in the office I had found temporary refuge. I had a terrible headache from too much stress. There was a great deal of crap on my mind, and I now had my father to be dealt with.

He was due to be here any minute, for what he thought was an exchange; Layla for 10 million. In cash. He was such an idiot to think I would agree to this much less propose it.

I shoved yet another cigarette butt into the already overflowing ash tray. I had lost count of how many sticks of poison I had consumed within the last couple of hours.

"Zayn, your father has arrived. Everything's in order, he suspects nothing." I whipped my head up in surprise. "Thank you Louis." I felt every artery in my body pump blood as I stood up and moved toward him walking in sync together to the living room.

"Hello Zayn. How's my son?" My father stood to give me a hug, out stretching his arms, which I coldly rejected.

"Cut the crap father, let's keep this short, where's my money?" I grabbed the collar of his brand name shirt, only to throw him back away from me, causing him to lose his footwork and trip onto the couch. The other boys watched, anxious for the attack.

My father stood up, obnoxiously straightened his bow tie and jacket, and replied, chuckling. "Ah ah ah not so fast." He spoke to me as if I were a 3 year old he was scolding, with his index finger raised.

"The girl is well and alive, yes? Liam showed her to me when I arrived. I would have expected you to take better care of her, letting her get hurt like that. But anyhow, let's get her in my car, and then you'll have your prize." He snarled, patting me on the shoulder and walking towards her room.

"No. I'm getting my money first. And then you'll have her." I grabbed his arm, roughly pulling him back to face me, look me in the eye.

"Alright, alright. Oh, you young people have no patience. One day you'll learn, but for now you're just a bit weak." And with that he dropped his leather black bag at my feet. I took a look inside to find numerous hundred dollar bills, each stacked neatly and bound by a thin piece of cloth, tightly knotted.

It was time. I had my money, and Niall was standing behind him, ready to gag him with a piece of blue fabric.

I gave Niall a look and he pounced. With extraordinary speed and precision, he wrapped the ripped blue fabric around his mouth, shocking him.

Before he had anytime to react, Liam and Louis each simultaneously grabbed an arm and tightly tied his hands together, and then to the chair Harry brought. After they finished tying his feet to the legs of the chair, satisfied he wouldn't be able to break free, I walked up to him, and hit his jaw with an electrifying crack.

"Now who's the weak one, huh?" I whispered, victorious.

He lowered his head in defeat, and I could see the acknowledgement of karma in his eyes. He was accepting the repercussions of his actions. He was going to pay.