Chapter 2 - The Idiot

"Shit!" Ray exclaimed from the front of the group. 

"Woo-Hoo!" Gavin exclaimed from the back. 

"Where should we go?" someone asked. 

I wasn't sure, nor did I care. I just kept running and tried to stay close to the group, dodging trees every once and a while. I continuously looked behind me, making sure we weren't being followed. I didn't see anything but I couldn't help but feel like a presence was there. 

We stopped running about a minute later when someone quickly yielded from the front. Thank god.

We all halted abruptly, and I could now see it was hipster mustache guy, Geoff, who had stopped. He was staring up at something that I could already see from the corner of my eye. It was a small log cabin in the middle of the woods with yellow light seeping through the windows. We all took a few seconds to look at it and catch our breath. 

"Should we go in?"  I asked, still a little nervous and on my toes.

"I don't know, it could be dangerous," Geoff replied. "And we're not even sure if this is apart of the night out."

Jack cleared his throat and spoke up. "We should probably make a decision quickly." Like me, he continued to look behind us and shift his posture every three seconds. 

"I say we do it," Gavin said, already starting to walk over to the door of the cabin.

"Wait!" I whispered at him. But he didn't so much as glance back. 

"I agree, let's go," Ryan said, quickly following after him.

I opened my mouth to say something, but it was already too late to argue. I glanced at Geoff, Jack, and Ray, in a way that said "I don't know about this".

"The door is probably locked," Jack told me, but was quickly proven wrong by the sound of the latch opening and Gavin's hard-souled sneakers walking in through the doorway. Ray gave me a shrug, and with that we ran to catch up with the obnoxious idiot and the brave choice maker.

I walked up the few wooden stairs and through the door, then shut it behind me, seeing as I was the last one in. The first thing that bothered me was that the lights were on. I sighed and told myself it was okay, since that was how they had been left when we had first entered. 

"Hello?" I heard Geoff calling out as well as doors opening and closing. "Looks like it's all empty guys!"

"You guys won't believe what I found!" I heard Gavin basically scream from the other room. 

He came out of what looked like the kitchen carrying some kind of small box, and then sat on a sofa that was a little to my right. It was a small, cozy looking area that consisted of the sofa, two seats, a table, a lamp, and a fluffy rug underneath it all. Gavin put his feet on the table and set down the box, which I now realized was a case of beer. 

"I don't know if it's a good idea to be drinking that right now... we don't even know who's house this belongs to or if we're supposed to be in here," I pointed out to him

"Loosen up, curly." 

He patted the open space right next to him, inviting me to come closer. I wanted to slap him.

"Don't call me curly."

He opened up a can of beer, and by the way he continued to chug it down I considered the fact that maybe he was already drunk. That could explain a lot. 

At first I was going to ignore him, but then Geoff noticed the beers and sat down on one of the seats with him. I let out a defeated sigh as the rest also gathered around like a pack of wolves. I took the seat next to Gavin, but just to spite him I sat on the other side of where he told me to sit.