Chapter 2: Luckie Finds the Farm

Luckie was fond of the Glongo Ranch; she had been there many, many times before, where a very polite woman would often sell much needed Glongo milk to her. She never knew that the woman's son was the very same person who appeared at the sand convention last night. However, he seemed very nice. Perhaps she would invite him over for some cookies and Glongo milk someday after this.

She had her aunt, and her aunt's friend with her as the trio traveled to the ranch. Luckie walked as you likely would, her aunt was roller skating, and her aunt's friend was doing all sorts of intricate ballet twirls. Coming up on the ranch, Luckie's aunt's friend shouted "I BET THAT HE PLAYS SOME MEAN CHESS GAMES!"

There Pablo Ducklopod was, right by the Glongo that he specified everyone would meet by. He was extremely anxious about how he wouldn't know at all what to do. Luckie approached him, and went for a handshake, before realizing Pablo lacked hands. Only teeth. After some seconds of awkward silence, Luckie's aunt spoke up.

"My friend is in a bad condition. She won't stop playing chess or doing ballet. We trust you can fix the issue, perhaps your Glongo's milk may help?"

This gave Pablo an idea that nearly made him remove his sunglasses and shout in joy. He was well aware of the strange effects of Glongo Milk. He recalled that if after drinking Glongo milk someone is put under high concentration, the combination has the ability to give the person amnesia, which in this case may erase the aunt's friend memory of learning how to do ballet or play chess. It was a longshot, but Pablo didn't have many other ideas here, and he hated to be a disappointment.

Pablo let them know, and left into his house, instructing the women to stay right there. A minute passed before he returned with a bottle of Glongo milk.

"Alright, she's going to need to play a game of chess after she drinks this, are any of you good at it?" said Pablo.

Luckie replied, "I'm not at all, and besides, I thought you were a skilled chess player!"

"That, uh, must've been a misconception between us."

"I'm gonna need you to do your darndest then, because I sure can't play chess, Pablo!"

Pablo Ducklopod finally accepted to play a game of chess. The aunt's friend chugged the milk, and set down a chessboard that she must've had on her. An intense game quickly ensued, in which both players, who Pablo was pleased to learn were quite equal in intelligence, attempted to outsmart the other. It was a close game, and right when Pablo thought he would actually win his first game of chess, the opponent blanked out entirely. She didn't move at all. Not even a ballet move, let alone a blink of the eyes.

It must have worked. Everyone watched silently as she sat motionless, before eventually she began to stand up, and say "where on the Bingus' green earth *AM* I?" She wasn't doing any crazy pirouettes, they came to realize. She must've forgotten the memory! The rest of the group cheered. It had worked!

Henry the Squirrel continued to watch from afar, silently admiring Pablo Ducklopod's problem solving ability. Yes, he most definitely would be a useful asset now. As for Luckie, I bet she has some sort of hidden talent yet to be seen. He noticed the reference to the Bingus. Luckie must know, which will make this a little easier. Henry watched on, seeing as the group decided unanimously to go to their favorite restaurant. This is where he would make his first appearance to them.

Soon, the Bingus would be his.