Part 1

Edited

-2 Nights after going though the wormhole-

Kiren POV

I jammed what little stuff I had into a bag: some spare clothes, a blanket, a bit of food I stole from the kitchen, as well as a knife - I wasn't sure what I'd encounter, and I thought I should be ready. Azuchi castle was completely quiet; except for the quiet shudder of my own shaking bones. My mind dizzy with fear. All the new people I'd met 2 days ago ripped through my mind like a bullet, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Ieyasu, Masamune, Mitsunari, Mitsuhide, Yuki, Kenshin, that horrible man with the scar, Shingen and Sasuke. Did Sasuke know that I was gonna be at that shrine, before we got sucked into the wormhole? Like, did he target me? I needed to find him to get some more answers but he disappeared too quickly before I could really ask him anything.

I took a deep breath. I couldn't stay at Azuchi castle because everyone here is clearly crazy. Like what is Nobunaga's obsession with me? I most certainly will not be his princess. I won't because anyone's princess for that matter.

I halted within the room I had been asigned to; its subtle luxuries glared at me through the darkness. I had been given so much by Nobunaga and he had never been explicitly horrible or inherently evil. Sure he was controlling, terrifying and made me want to piss myself whenever he was in the room. However, if I become his princess then it would be even harder to escape later and returning to my time would become a mere fantasy.

Throughout my short stay at Azuchi Castle I had gradually built up a knowledge of its ongoing which was why leaving through the castle wasn't an option.

As I made my way over to the window on the far side of the room, I kept my ears pricked for any signs of someone nearing my door. Problem was the entire complex of Azuchi Castle and its many different building were all patrolled by guards to maintain safety, causing me to jump several times a minute when a sneeze or thud resounded in the distance.

My hands clenched at my sides as I desperately tried to calm my nerves, which had started to choke me as the fear of getting caught seeped through the now open window. Meek glows of torches that graced the complex provided a small insight into where the gates were from my room. Fortunately they weren't far but I knew that I'd need a horse if I wanted to truly escape.

I reluctantly slipped myself out of my room and onto the window ledge, then slowly, I pivoted and hoisted myself up, onto the roof.

In my old life around 6 years ago I had picked up climbing, having being introduced to bouldering by my Dad. The hobby provided fitness and as far as sports go, it was definitely my favourite; testing endurance, strength, dexterity and intelligence. Despite being only 5ft 5" climbing onto the roof which was several feet up felt quite easy.

I crouched low on the roof and carefully waddled across the tiles until I spotted the low-set building which I knew was the barn.

Once I got a horse I didn't have a real plan after that though. Of course I was looking for Sasuke, his friend Yuki who saved me and the other two warlords Kenshin and Shingen. Whether those 2 were any better than Nobunaga's lot wasn't the point because I needed to get home and Sasuke was the solution to that.

I sighed heavily in the cold midsummer night. The wind swept through my long, brown hair, spinning it into a mini storm of chaos. Nimbly, I tiptoed across the roof and flung myself onto a nearby tree, hopping safely to the ground like a jaguar. My heart leapt through my rib cage; adrenaline coursing through my veins like pure lightning.

I crept towards the barn. Once there, I secured myself a horse- slipping on a saddle and bridle smoothly. I mounted the bay coloured horse. Sootheing it as I did so, so as not to startle it.

I manoeuvred myself across the grounds until I unfortunately found myself in a familiar place. My horse was positioned dead centre in the middle of a u-shape of manors. Now this was so much worse than I could have hoped for because the Azuchi Castle complex was organised so that to ensure ease of access, every lord's manor was positioned in a large u-shape at the top of a hill, with the main castle at peak of the 'u'. So as you went down the hill you'd pass all the residential housing for the ground's workers.

My heart was slowly creeping up my throat as panic seared my insides as I stood In the large courtyard, unsure of what to do. I knew that any second now a guard would walk up the hill on their hourly rounds, spot me, alert the lords, and then I would really be in deep shit.

I quickly decided that bolting down the hill was probably the best course of action when a hand grabbed the back of my kimono and I promptly fell to the ground. A gasp escaped my lips when they grabbed me by the neck and dragged me to my feel forcing my to face them.

"Now who might you be?" The gruff voice for the guards mouth grazed my ear sharply as terror swam through my eyes.

"I...Please-" I spluttered through a pinched windpipe.

"I was just heading to alert Lord Nobunaga that his horse had been taken but I see that recovering it won't be an issue any longer because it's right here." He sneered condescendingly. I sure I looked to be no more than a handmaid who was dumb enough to think that they could steal from a warlord. Maybe he was right?

There was a good chance that he'd already alerted Nobunaga so time was of the essence. Quick thinking had never been my forte so the best I could come up with n the heat of the moment and chill of the night was plainly shoving him away from me. He was surprised enough to allow me out of his grasp, to which I spared no moments.

I promptly mounted my horse again and was about to make my getaway when 2 guards made their way up the hill.

"What's going on here?" One called out.

"This bitch is trying to escape with Lord Nobunaga's horse, stop her!" The 1st guy replied.

Within the silence of the night, thir shouts echoed through my bones and then I knew I was truly screwed. All the manors aoround me started to stir. Lights went on, and I could hear confused voices coming from within. Then before I knew it, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Masamune, Mitsunari, Ieyasu, Mitsuhide all exited their manors.

Fuck.

"Lady Kiren?!" Said Masamune sleepily.

Mitsuhide grinned, "Nobunaga, I think your little wildfire is trying to escape."

My head darted between each of the warlords. None of us really knowing what to do. By this time Nobunaga's guards had formed a large semi-circle behind me so I was in a circle of enemies.

"Lady Kiren, what are you doing?! I didn't give you permission to leave!" Nobunaga bellowed.

"I didn't ask for it!" I retorted, slightly annoyed. "You're all idiots, thinking that you could keep me here." I smirked, looking at all of the warlords' startled faces. I turned my horse to face the path that lead to the gate. Seeing that I was about to leave, Nobunaga screamed, "seize her!" But before any of the guards got any closer, I nudged my horse forward quickly, and we cleared the entire semi-circle of guards. Galloping down the path I looked back- They all stood in the middle of the courtyard. Dazed and confused. 

Nobunaga POV

Kiren sped off down the road on one of my horses and away from me. I began to run after to her, I could not lose someone so unique so soon after finding her. Before I could shout her name , a blur of dark blue flew by me. If anyone could bring my fiery princess back to me, Masamune could.