xi

ONCE JOHNNY ENTERS HIS BEDROOM, he immediately makes his way towards his picture frame

ONCE JOHNNY ENTERS HIS BEDROOM, he immediately makes his way towards his picture frame. that had pictures of his family and sophia. without thinking twice, he took the pictures of sophia and smashed them hard onto the wooden, shiny bedroom floor.

making a loud sound, his entire family flinches in fear. "he'll be okay." johnny's dad tells the two females and gives them a comforting hug. as johnny sobs loudly and continues to break all the pictures of sophia.

"i wish i never met you." he said to himself, feeling lots of pain and anger. johnny breaks down onto the floor, his legs giving up on him. he puts his hand up to his eyes and lets them become soaked with endless tears.

he would've reacted better if it was a simple "let's break up." but instead sophia has the nerve to behind his back and cheat on him. of course he knew he couldn't live up to sophia's standards. but he never gave up because of how much he liked her.

but at the same time, a small feeling grew in his heart ever since he met mackenzie. ever since he met the free-spirited and down to earth girl.

johnny stops his tears and looks at the mess he made, glass everywhere. of course he cleans it up as fast as he can and takes the pictures, putting them away in a box. along with everything else sophia got him.

even if some of the things he got from her he wanted to keep, it would hurt too bad. biting his lip and holding in all his tears, he packs away everything and softly cries afterwards.

johnny stares at his phone, which has not been used by him all night long. he gulps down some fear and confidence, grabbing it. he scrolls through his contact list until he stops and reads her name.

thinking a little bit about his choice, he grabs ahold of his phone and shakes in fear. the ringing continues and pops all of johnny's confidence. he's about to press end when she finally picks up. "hello?" her voice rings in his ears which makes his heart beat faster than ever.

"m-mackenzie." he stutters and hits himself for it. "hi." she replies quickly and softly.

"i just, gosh i can't find my words. i just.." johnny pauses, not wanting to say it out loud.

"heeeeello?" mackenzie calls out, snapping johnny out of his daze and crisis. "yeah, hi. hello. i, um." johnny continues to stutter which bothers him so much.

"mandla told me." he says and mackenzie hums a respond. "you need some comfort?" she asks and johnny swears his heart was beating so fast it would explode.

she's offering to give you comfort. herself. "yes please." he sighs and lays down on his large bed, getting comfortable.

"i know how it feels." mackenzie's simple and short sentence makes johnny's eyes widen. why would anyone want to cheat on mackenzie ziegler? worst mistake ever.

johnny's eyes are glancing at every point in his room while biting his lip, not wanting to cry over sophia again. it's good to cry and let it all out, but there should be a stopping point.

"it was actually my first boyfriend who cheated on me. i was so clueless and thought i knew everything about love." mackenzie speaks once again, her voice sounded hurt, upset and annoyed.

"i wish i knew more before going straight into a relationship, especially one that would not even last a whole six months." mackenzie continues on. gaining full attention from johnny, she made him curious.

before johnny could speak, mackenzie continued on. "i know mine isn't as bad as yours but i just want you to know, you're not alone when it comes to cheating partners."

johnny nods his head, even though she couldn't see him. "it's not your fault or mine." johnny croaks out. his voice breaking apart and mackenzie could hear it.

"you know as much as i want to convince myself that this wasn't my fault, i can't help it. was it because i barely saw her in person? or maybe not enough gifts." johnny could feel a storm inside his head, a storm full of confusion, pain, anger and hatered.

"i thought i was doing good." johnny whispers and feels a tear go down his cheek, only for him to wipe it away quickly.

"you are enough, johnny." mackenzie replies and with that one statement, he began to feel better.

"thank you." he whispers back and begins to hug a pillow while placing his phone beside his head on a pillow.

johnny wakes up in confusion, looking for his phone he finds it on the ground. picking it up, he realizes he was still calling mackenzie.

both of them fell asleep. he doesn't know if they did together or the silence ate both of them up and just slept, but johnny was sure of one thing.

he is not allowed to put them blame only on sophia, because he was being unfaithful too.