Part 3 o 3

(Jaehee’s POV)

Darkness.

I’ve been cooped up in darkness for god knows how long. My hands and feet were bound, leaving awful red marks against my pale skin; my clothes were torn and filthy, stained with blood and dirt; and certain parts of my body throbbed, bruises surfacing like purple spots from the beating I just acquired.

I never saw them… my captors, because a blindfold always covered my eyes. But I knew who they were since their intentions were pretty much out there as they questioned me over and over again.

The mafia has captured me and I wasn’t dumb enough not to put two and two together…

They captured me to get to him… to get to Baekhyun. And I hoped he wasn’t stupid enough to fall for the bait. Our escape plan would be a waste if he came barging in here to save me. 

Although, I kept waiting.

…waiting

…and waiting.

He never came.

I felt relieved that he didn’t come, that he had gone, that he had escaped.  

I saved him after all, I thought. Smiling to myself in my own little corner of this musky old room. 

The only question was:

Who’s going to save me now?

~~~

(Narrator’s POV) 

Baekhyun waited for her that morning, his insides bubbling with excitement. He was happy to know that Jaehee was coming to see him in a few minutes. He kept glancing at his phone, awaiting her reply.

It never came.

What’s taking her so long? He wondered impatiently as the professor came into the classroom, insinuating the start of classes. He sighed heavily and thought probably she got caught with some schoolwork or decided to sleep in.

He smirked at the thought. That girl… didn’t even invite me to sleep in with her this morning.

He went inside the room, saddened at the fact that she wasn’t there. He didn’t take his usual seat by the window, even though she was patently absent. His classmates gave him weird looks as he sat down on the chair beside his usual seat, leaving it vacant. 

Baekhyun sighed as he looked out the window. It was a nice day; the type that had clear blue skies filled with cumulus clouds, and blew cool breezes through your hair. 

But it wasn’t a view Baekhyun enjoyed, unfortunately. Not like he used to. 

All he could see was an empty seat, lacking of a girl with long black hair and pretty eyes. The only view he ached for…

Where are you? he thought.

~~~

(Jaehee’s POV)

I sat blindfolded on a chair, tied up and biting my lip to keep myself from screaming out and to keep my tears at bay as they began questioning me once again. I guessed we were someplace big, like a warehouse, since their voices echoed through the walls, creating an eerie effect. 

“Where is he?”

“For the last time, I don’t—“ a cold hard slap made it’s way across my face and I gasped. That’s definitely going to leave a mark