7//Kiss

she took me by the hand and ran with me through nowhere. a place that had no meaning. it was beautiful, but I couldn't describe it. maybe it was my kind of beautiful. maybe because she was with me that I saw this place beautiful.

"come on, Joseph. let's go there!" she pointed at a place bright and far away from us. I nodded and ran after her. her laugh filled the emptiness inside me. the lonely days I've spent in quiet, she came and filled them with joy.

she was my pride and joy.

she was going faster, leaving more distance between us.

"Mar-zana!!"

what? what just happened? the world is changing. we were suddenly somewhere else that felt warmer. the sun was sitting, making everything look golden around us. Maria's hair was shining under it.

wait, since when did Maria have brunette hair?

"Suza-ia!!"

her hair fluttered once more as she turned to face me. yes, that was my love, Maria!

I ran towards her and held her hands gently.

"what is it, Sage?"

Sage? who is Sage? I looked around me. everything didn't feel the same. this is not a place I'm used to seeing. and this woman doesn't look like Maria, yet I still feel like she does.

everything around us once again was slowly deforming. it felt like things cracked open to the real world. I stared at Maria and noticed how different she was. she was smiling at me, her eyes squinting as she extended her mesmerizing smile. that made me feel like I could own anything. it made me feel worthy.

once she turned around again. I noticed how her dress changed to a white, fluffy one, how her hair went back to its original blonde color, and how the world went back to how it was in the first place.

"we will always be together, right?"

but the only thing that was completely different, was how her voice didn't sound the same.

///

today's dream really did confirm everything. call me crazy, but this might be the only answer to it all.

I checked my phone while walking around my room and found Suzana's messages in my notifications. I opened it and found out that she also had the same dream as mine.

Suzana: SAGE!!!

Suzana: omg ok!! look..

Suzana: my dream of today... I don't understand it, but it was totally freaky!!

Suzana: like the world would suddenly glitch and I would see you instead of Joseph

Suzana: and suddenly he called me by my name and not Maria's name!!!

Suzana: that's just so weird whaaaat!!???

I laughed and tapped the letters on my phone.

Sage: now is the right time to explain everything.

only a few minutes have passed and she was already texting me.