Subject A - Maria

Nelson sat on the beach towel, his camera safe in a waterproof case inside on another bag underneath two towels. That camera was his whole future. He wanted it safe and protected whenever it wasn't in his hands and right in front of his eyes. His green eyes scanned around to see if there was anything worth capturing.

The water was filled with people, so he can't get the stereotypical clear water shot people pay big money for to paint or redraw as their own. The sun was burning brought overhead, so he can't get a good angle without terrible glare. There was barely anywhere that wasn't swarmed with people unless it was a building, and he already has enough of that in his portfolio.

Nelson sighed, slumping his chin onto his hand. Summer break doesn't last forever. He needed to get some expert level photos so he can impress his professor and prove himself to the rest of the school. Photography was art too! Nelson's black hair caught in the salty breeze that was starting to act up on the beach.

That's when someone caught his eye. A light brunette girl with her frizzy hair in a ponytail was walking by. Her hair looked gorgeous going over her tan shoulder. The blues and greens on her bikini brought out the dark brown of her eyes. She had a beach bag in her left hand and in her right hand she was holding her sunglasses. Nelson stared at her for a moment.

The girl looked over at him, stopping her walking. Nelson cringed, she caught him staring. Nelson jerked his head down, unfortunately aiming his sight at his bag. His camera was in there. Wait a second. He doesn't take many photos of actual people, does he? This flattering lady might be able to help him. That is, if he wasn't socially awkward and could approach her.

The girl was actually walking towards him. She actually sat down on her knees on the edge of the towel in front of Nelson. She set her bag down next to her. This woman looked about twenty two or younger. She was a really beautiful lady. Nelson slowly lifted his head to meet her eyes. Why was she here?!

"You're Nelson Camden from School, right?"

Wait, she went to his school? Wait a second, that voice... That was Maria Diaz! She was the best collage artist in the school! Why was someone so popular and pretty talking to him?! Oh right, he was staring at her. Nelson gulped a large clogged breath down his throat, hopefully allowing him to speak once again.

"Yeah. Uh, I'm sorry for bothering you Miss, err, I mean, Maria." 

She giggled, lifting her hand up to her lips. She closed her eyes as she giggled, going the cliché anime girl laugh. She opened her eyes again, the brown reappearing in Nelson's vision. She then looked over to her bag and took out a small camera, nothing in comparasin to his camera.

"Would you mind if I take a picture as a reference, Nelson? I'd love to create a collage of you."

She stood up with her camera, turning it on. Nelson just tried to keep his eyes on her eyes. Fun fact, Nelson was a little bit of a pervert, but what college boy wasn't a perv? At least Nelson could control his eyes. Nelson nodded before reaching for his bag. Instead of taking out the camera he just held it up.

"Only if I can, uh, take a photo shoot of you."

Maria nodded. Nelson smiled awkwardly at her before placing his bag off to the side. He didn't know what position she'd prefer him in so he just did a series of awkward motions, trying to find what looked the most natural. In defeat, he sighed and looked up at a very amused Maria.

"Is there any way you want me to pose?"

Maria nodded and took his hand and placed it on his thigh. She bent down in a crouched position to move his legs into a casual position. Nelson struggled with keeping his eyes away, he even bit his lip to prevent it. Maria didn't say anything, but Nelson knew for a fact that she noticed him struggling.