Chapter 5

*Flashback* The Night of the Crash (pt1)

"Hey Dad, have you seen my maroon hi-top converses with my name customized on the side."

Silence.

"Dad, did you hear what I said."

"What honey? Umm no. hey what is a 4 letter word for a major broadway production from the 90s."

"Rent. Now dad, did you see my shoes?"

"How do you do that?" He kisses Violet on her forehead.

" What can I say? I am gifted. Now the shoes?"

" I think I saw them in the hallway closet."

"Thanks dad." She walks over the closet and low and behold they are just there waiting to be worn.

"Honey, Could you take out the trash?" Violet's mom says.

"I would really love to sweetheart but me and Violet were actually just about to head out to catch a flick." Dad says.

" No we were-" Violet says.

"And probably buy some popcorn too."

" Oh yeah that movie. I am so excited about it. Did you see the promos?"

" Okay great so you can throw the trash out on your way out and drop off the dry cleaning, its on your way." Mom says.

" Alrighty then. Great. Hey Danny, you want to come see a movie with me and your sister?" Dad says.

His eyes were fully glued to that stupid XBox.

"Lottie, could you grab the garbage on your way out." Dad says.

" I would but I wouldn't want to have dirty hands for the nachos I am getting later."

" I didn't say anything about nachos."

Violet's father hugged his wife and kissed his son on the forehead before picking up the trash and heading out the door. Then they head towards the car and hop in.

"Do we really have to go to the movies Dad?"

"Where do you wanna go Lottie?"

" I was thinking maybe the bowling alley."

"Who's there?"

"Who said anyone was there?"

"Mmhmmmmmmm."

"Okay, it just so happens that Drew is there."

"Hon, are you ever going to tell him how you feel."

"Of course but I have to be delicate about it. We have been best friends for like forever. How do I even know he likes me?"

"You can never be sure of anything hon. But you gotta take a chance. He would be out of his mind not to love my beautiful daughter. But you might wanna comb that natty head of yours."

"Dad you are SOOOO funny."

"I love you Violet Rose Turner."

"I love you too Da-"

CRASH