Edward kenway x reader

My back hurt, my neck ached, my arms fell asleep. I didn't want to get up. I rolled over, only to nearly jump out of my skin as I saw James staring me in the face. A hand flew over my heart as I sat up, the barrels that I had slept on creaking under my weight shift. James stood up, apparently crouching. I rubbed the back of my neck, groaning, my hair falling in my face. I squinted up at him.

"Well, little lass, why were you sleeping on the barrels?" James asked, crossing his arms and laughing.

"Because your captain is an ass. Last night, he started to come onto me. Like, literally, attempting to seduce me, and I panicked and we kind of fought and then he starts laughing, saying it was just a test. That shithead!" I spat angrily, not even giving Edward a glance. I had trusted him, yet he completely tossed that trust aside, attempting to take advantage of me, and then lying to me! James put a hand on my shoulder.

"The captain knows what he is doing. It's for a greater cause," James said. I widened my eyes, slapping James's hand away.

"How dare you, of all people, take HIS side?" I hissed.

"Because he's loyal to me, lass," an all too familiar accent breached my own voice. I leaned slightly to the side, narrowing my eyes.

"Go away," I turned around, my fists clenched tightly together. I heard a sigh and footsteps as Captain Ass headed towards me. He sat on one of the barrels, leaning on the railing of the ship. I turned away from him even more, staring at the multiple waves the ocean had to offer.

"Emily, I didn't mean to frighten you-"

"Frighten me? Oh well, I just escaped from violated multiple times and YOU JUST THINK IT'S ALRIGHT TO TOY WITH ME?" I nearly screamed the last words. I knew the crew began to stare at me, but I didn't care. It was just me and Edward now. Edward stared at me, his face had the former shadow of shock on it, as if he didn't really expect my outburst. I scoffed.

"Those weren't my intentions. I wanted to see how well you did at defending yourself and you did a pretty damn good job at it. I did what did because I knew that you would act on instinct, or if you felt that you were really in danger, you would give me the appropriate reactions. If I had just approached you and asked for a duel, you would have either rejected me, or give me something pitiful. I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I would scare the devil out of you," Edward sighed. I still glared at him.

"I still don't trust you."

"I never expected you to, lass. Nassau is only a few hours away," Edward stood up. He placed an apologetic hand on my shoulder. I jerked my shoulder forward, only to accidentally ram it into the railing of the ship. It began to throb, and my cheeks reddened from the embarrassment as I let my head drop, my forehead thumping against the railing. Kill me.

----

"Bring her in, lads!" Edward pumped his fist as his crew cheered, obviously happy from the thought of this Nassau. I stood up, smoothing Edward's shirt. The crew began to jump from the ship to the docks after they had docked the ship. Edward leaped to the other side, then turned around, holding out his hand. I took a deep breath, backed up, then jumped, my feet momentarily kicking in empty air. I landed with an awkward "oof", but luckily, Edward's hands had caught me under the armpits. I put  hand on his shoulder, patting him slightly.

"I still hate you," I murmured to Edward, receiving a chuckle from him. We walked off of the docks, only to have my eyes greeted by an immense beauty. Nassau had such an assortment of colors, it became ridiculous. My heart swelled with love for the small island as I walked around. The people were amazing, dancing about in such lovely clothing. I was held in awe. A hand on my arm jerked me sideways. I was thankful, for, I nearly ran into some men. But, I looked up, only to see Edward's handsome yet annoying smirk. I scoffed, jerking my arm away and held my head high. I followed the crew and Edward into a tavern, but before I could enter, Edward stopped me.

"Let's get you some appropriate attire. I want my shirt and breeches back," he smirked again, pulling me away and into a tailor's shop. I began to pout, but was soon attracted to a lovely red and white dress. I pointed at it and the tailor tugged it off of it's holder, handing it to me. I smiled at him and ran into the dressing room. I tugged it on, feeling comfortable in it. 

The red hemming of the dress came to my knees. Instead of having a separate corset, the dress had one built in, brown and in the front. I tugged the strings together, thanking whoever that the dress didn't expose the majority of my breasts.  The sleeves of the dress were short, [think of it as the ruffled sleeves on a tee-shirt] also red. I came out of the dressing room, seeing Edward handing some coins to the tailor, leaning on the counter. When his eyes locked on me, I swore that I was lit on fire. His eyes traveled up my body, making me feel tingly, until they stopped at my own eyes. Brown-green met bright blue as we both stared at each other. I giggled and curtsied.

"I assume you like it?" All I got was a small nod from Edward. With a wide smile from the tailor, I skipped out of the store, followed quickly by Edward. 

"I was also able to snatch these boots to accommodate with your feet," Edward gave me a pair of tan sailor's boots. I slipped them on my feet, smiling at the immense amount of comfort that I gained. I wanted to hug Edward. The man cocked one of his eyebrows as me, giving me a childish smirk.

"I thought you hated me," he leaned in and whispered to me. I put a hand on his chin, pushing me away.

"I still do," I glared at him, then huffed irritably. Edward glanced at me, smirking again.

"Something wrong, lass?"

"My hair. It's so tangled and curly and thick. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I wish I had something to hold it back with," I pursed my lips, suddenly hearing a ripping sound. I turned and saw Edward ripping a large piece of cloth off of a red sash that was tied around his waist. He handed me the cloth, gesturing to my hair. I took it and scooped what hair I could get, tying the sash around my head in a sort of headband. It worked, mostly, with the exception of my bangs, which poked out from underneath the sash and tickled my eyes. I smiled.

"It's perfect, Edward. Thank you. I think I might like you a little better now," I said. Edward shrugged, taking my arm and guiding me into the tavern. We sat at the counter, and I quietly listened to people argue and laugh, the clanking of tankards never getting old. Though, when Edward offered me a drink, I curtly refused.

I was having a nice time until I got up to stretch my legs a bit. I looked to my left, seeing someone...familiar. I squinted, staring at the man momentarily before our eyes locked. I quickly turned away. It was the captain. The captain who had paid for my slavery. I sat back down, tugging desperately at Edward's sleeve. His grunted, moving his arm. I grabbed his sleeve again, this time, jerking the cloth around. Edward turned around, his eyes narrowed. God, he looked so attractive when he's pissed.

"What can be so important, lass?!" he hissed. I leaned in, keeping my voice down to a shaky whisper. 

"It's him. The captain t-that had me before I came onto the Jackdaw," I quickly told him. Edward straightened up, a serious look on his face. I jumped when I heard the captain's voice behind me. 

"Well, well, looky what I have here. Seems as if my little slut survived," I felt something wrap itself around me. I glanced down, seeing Edward's arm wrapped protectively around my waist, right below my breast. I stared at the captain in disbelief. My hand slowly grasped at Edward's arm (the one that was holding me), holding it tightly as if it would save my life. My back pressed into Edward's chest; I swore that I could feel his breath on my neck. The vibrations of his deep voice calmed me...slightly.

"Did your parents ever teach you to respect a lady?" Edward spoke.

"Yes, they did. But this whore is no lady, I can assure you that. You see, she kind of flung her body around with my crew, even at me," he hissed. I stared at the ground, clenching my fists, my grip on Edward's arm getting tighter. I could sense the strain in Edward's voice as he spoke again.

"It would be wise if you would clamp your mouth shut before I cut off your cock and shove it up your ass," Edward hissed and I heard a 'shink!' behind me. I didn't turn to look, but I knew that it must have been a weapon, especially from the way the captain straightened up. He stared at me.

"I'll have you once more, Emily. You can count on that," he chuckled darkly before turning and leaving the tavern. I let loose the breath that I wasn't even aware of holding. I turned in my stool and hugged Edward tightly, my heart beating like crazy.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you."