Master of Illusion

(Mysterio's POV)

    When I was younger, I was always fascinated with magic. It allowed me to forget the problems I had back home, and believe there was something special about the dull world.

    I grew up without superheroes. The only one close to one at the time was Captain America, but he was missing after WWII and I was born years later. No heroes, no villains, life was boring.

    It wasn't till later that heroes popped up like Iron man, Hulk, Daredevil, and of course, Spiderman. I hated them. How come they got to be special and not me. I was a special effect artist and stunt double at the time I heard the Avengers came to be.

    I finally lost it and decided to use my knowledge to become a villain, to get a taste of thrill I couldn't receive doing stunts. I began small, doing petty thefts, but worked my way up to bank robberies. I later donned the alias Mysterio and came up with the design. I came up with a hoax personality of being an stereotypical movie villain by using lines like "you can't stop the likes of me", or "Fool, I am your superior".

    Really, I just laughed at my own antics. I soon began putting my self up for hire, stealing artifacts and scaring people into obeying or disapearing for mobs. I was hired under the Kingpin for a while, making sure people knew when to keep shut. I eventually went freelance, and was recently hired by a man named Mordo to steal a stone tablet from the museum in New York.

    It was there I encountered my first "hero", Spiderman. I studied his fighting and the webs he used, creating a chemical agent that can render it useless. But in the heat of the moment, I forgot to use it.

    Now, thanks to Spiderman and that tablet, I find myself here, in this strange city, tied up in a abandoned warehouse. I was trying to fix my malfunctioning rocket boots when some goons with penguins on there shoulders attacked me. I used my illusions and small knowledge of MMA to scare them away, but one knocked me from behind.

    I've been sitting in this building for about an hour ever since I woke up. No sign of anyone.

    Just then, the doors opened revealing a short, fat man with an umbrella accompanied by two guards. He wore a top hat, tux, and monocle. When he spoke, I could smell fish and cigars.

???: Good evening sir. Sorry about your mask.

    He pointed at my broken helmet laying in the corner. My face was revealed.

???: Now, I would like to know who you are, before things have to go south

Me: What are you talking about?